View Full Version : Pensioner from Holland says hello

Frank Catscottage
April 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
In 1986, I bought my first Video Cam: the CCD-V8.
A heavy piece of machinery, but still working today and kept in my possession as a museum piece.

I worked my way through various consumer camcorder developments, like Video Digital 8, DV etc.

Some 12 years ago I purchased my first Prosumer Camcorder the 3CCD Sony DCR-trv950.

The latter one being a very decent camcorder helped me shooting very many pictures until half a year ago.

The last couple of years I divided my time between 2 major hobbies, Photography (Canon 20, 40 and 5D) and Video.

So to me it seems logical to enter the HD era by buying a Canon 5D MKII shortly after its introduction.

A fantastic piece of equipment, but little did I realize that it's ergonomically not a camcorder....

So finally I decided to purchase the JVC HM-100 as my following Prosumer camcorder and I am still working my way through the manual and Tim Dashwood's ProHD shooter's guide...

As first accessories to the HM-100, I took the AT875R Mic, the Rotolight 48R and the Nikon W/A WC-E68.

My first footage is related to another hobby, Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs:

Jua060410 Nieuw on Vimeo

I realize I still have a lot to learn but maybe I will get here with a little help from my future friends on this Forum?!

BTW , I ordered the new Z finder Pro3 for my 5D MKII, so I'll have another try with that one too....

Kind Regards from The Netherlands,

Frank

Chris Soucy
April 14th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Welcome to DVinfo.

Sounds like you've got a lot of experience under that belt, it'll be usefull here.

Spent a couple of sessions working in Amsterdam and getting to know the country and people, great place.

Hope you enjoy trawling around here,

Like the pups, BTW.

CS