View Full Version : Planning of doing side-by-side comparison on FX1 and HC1

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Douglas Spotted Eagle
August 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
Does anybody know when the A1U is coming out or more information on the camera?

I'm not sure if the lens will be better or not. It was more of a hope than anything. Looking at your great samples you posted I really am having a hard time to tell the difference between the two when it comes to detail. Clearly the CMOS chip has more detail than the FX1/Z1 chips but a much lower quality lens so it seems to come out the same in the end. Which in a way I guess is nice because with decent lighting conditions you really could use the new AC1 and A1U as a second camera to edit with FX1/Z1 footage.

The A1 handles low light a fair bit better than the Z1/FX1, I shot in near blackout, and with nightshot enabled, I could see things in camera, that I couldn't see with my eyes.
My review of the A1 should be here sometime soon, or you can read it on the VASST site.

Andre De Clercq
August 7th, 2005, 08:07 AM
HC1 looks appealing, maybe not the top for low light sensitivity but probably acceptable. How the window and level mapping affects image quality for low light scenes, and how good the rolling shutter performs with high shutter setting and fast moving edges still puzzles me. Could somebody shoot e.g. a continious grayscale in low light conditions (at high gain setting), and also shoot some fast moving, vertical and horizontal bars in high shutterspeed mode? Thanks