View Full Version : Second Batch of Screen Grabs

Stephen van Vuuren
October 12th, 2002, 11:56 PM
See page 2:

http://www.xiveren.com/panasonic.htm

BTW, I love how this camera shoots. Wonderful images, great controls. It's a winner in my book. My only complaint is the joystick on the menu is difficult to press off-axis, very much like my Sony DVD remote.

Nick Kerpchar
October 13th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Stephen,
Thank you very much for posting the second set of frame grabs. Nice, really nice. There appears to be a softness that is pleasing, not that harsh sharpness found with some other lines of dv equipment. I especially like the close-up of the woman's hand. The color of the vein just under the skin was "spot-on". The Jack-O-Lantern and match-light shots were also interesting.

The Panny 24p appears to be meeting the expectations many have been wishing for. This is a real step forward.

Thanks again for the posting. Nick

Stephen van Vuuren
October 13th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Nick:

I have the detail setting at neutral. The camera as plus or minus 7 scale for sharpness. There are number of other settings including thin/thick (I have thick) vertical detail and skin tone detail (which I set off) which affect sharpness as well.

So, you can get a noticably sharper look but a little edgy in progressive mode or quite softer, like an XL1 with diffusion filter.