View Full Version : Can't output FCP commercial to V1U camera

Sheryl Smith
July 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
We are in FCP Studio 6.5. We are trying to put time sensitive commercials to 1080i. The Sony camera that we are trying to record do is model HVR-V1U. The camera says it's recording but it's not. The time code on the camera is rolling, the record button is red, the viewer is blue screen. The camera will not grab the tape and record. Can anyone help with correct settings or suggestions?

Thanks from Sheryl

Leslie Wand
July 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM
don't use fcp, but in vegas the tl MUST be rendered to EXACT hdv specs - otherwise it wont record. (i use m15 and v1p).

Jeff Allen
July 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I assume you actually mean FCP 6.0.5 correct? If I understand your question correctly, you have the finished clip or clips in FCP, and you are trying to output to tape via firewire, correct? It may help if you posted your sequence settings, your "easy setup" configuration (which will determine your firewire control protocol), and the process that you are using to output to tape to help with your question. Not sure if I can help or not, but others may also be able to help based on that information.

Jeff

Craig Parkes
July 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
HDV is not, and never has been a mastering format. I would advise against mastering on HDV if at all possible, delivering as a file that then can be transferred into the playout system, or as a full res quicktime in an open codec (or with the codec included on the disk) may be a better solution.

Andrew Smith
July 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Sheryl, in case it helps, the V1 can not record in via the analogue AV ports. It just doesn't.

Andrew