View Full Version : JVC HD5 vs. HD300

Matt Eash
May 5th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hello to all, I've been doing some reading on here and have found some interesting information.

I'm in an interesting position where I have a JVC HD5 and am trying to compare it to the HD300 or the HD20. I wanted to get your opinions on this. I know the HD5 is CCD and the newer models HD300 is a CMOS chip.

I'm not doing any fancy film work, I'm simply at this point doing family videos and *maybe* something more creative at some point.

The HD5 I think may be the better camera, but I figured I would ask those who really know.

thanks for your input.
-matt-

Matt Eash
May 6th, 2009, 11:57 AM
man, I was hoping to get some input...

thanks,
-matt-

Kaushik Parmar
May 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Hello to all, I've been doing some reading on here and have found some interesting information.

I'm in an interesting position where I have a JVC HD5 and am trying to compare it to the HD300 or the HD20. I wanted to get your opinions on this. I know the HD5 is CCD and the newer models HD300 is a CMOS chip.

I'm not doing any fancy film work, I'm simply at this point doing family videos and *maybe* something more creative at some point.

The HD5 I think may be the better camera, but I figured I would ask those who really know.

thanks for your input.
-matt-

Forget HD300, you can not compare it with HD5! See here comparision chart: JVC - Specifications Comparison Chart (http://camcorder.jvc.com/products/comparisonchart.jsp?modelId=MODL028254)

HD5 and HD6 are same. HD30 and HD40 are also considarable, we have choice to record both in AVCHD and MPEG2.

Kaushik

Matt Eash
May 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Thank you for the reply! Makes me feel better :)