Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Dylan Couper
March 21st, 2005, 01:07 AM
Somewhere with booze. And food.

The Cecil?

Nah, I guess that would be too loud.

Ronald Lee
March 25th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Say, I may as well ask if anyone has any interest and experience in music video? That has been a long interest and hobby of mine.

Dan Diaconu
March 25th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Yes, big time.

Ronald Lee
April 13th, 2005, 01:12 AM
May I suggest, a meeting, this Thursday at 8pm, at Joe's Cafe, 1180 Commercial Dr. @ William St?

Short notice, so it's just suggestion.

Dan Diaconu
April 13th, 2005, 10:12 AM
we'll make it this time.... (have to use the net to meet pips from the same village....)

Earon Kavanagh
April 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : May I suggest, a meeting, this Thursday at 8pm, at Joe's Cafe, 1180 Commercial Dr. @ William St?

Short notice, so it's just suggestion. -->>>

OK - io can make joe's at 8pm tomorrow night (thursday). i hope the hell people show up.
earon

David Stone
April 13th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I thought Ronald was busy with the Commercial competition this weekend. Why the rush for a meeting on such short notice?

Ronald Lee
April 13th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Why not? It's good to meet anyway.

Dan Diaconu
April 13th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Guys, here is a small "incentive" to make it to this meeting:
bring you own camcorders and I will get the image converter I made and some lenses to try it out on them. That should be fun...(without creating a big diversion from the agenda) If we could also change the time to an earlier hour to get some day light, would be good as well.

Earon Kavanagh
April 13th, 2005, 02:10 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : Guys, here is a small "incentive" to make it to this meeting:
bring you own camcorders and I will get the image converter I made and some lenses to try it out on them. That should be fun...(without creating a big diversion from the agenda) If we could also change the time to an earlier hour to get some day light, would be good as well. -->>>

ok dan,
i'm definitely in. i'll bring the dvx100. i don't have any lenses, though. the agreed upon time is 8 pm so far.
earon

Dylan Couper
April 13th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Here's more incentive. I'll be there getting drunk. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes before I do something humiliating on camera.

Earon Kavanagh
April 13th, 2005, 02:57 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : Here's more incentive. I'll be there getting drunk. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes before I do something humiliating on camera. -->>>

that's really cool. but does joes sell booze? haven't been there for awhile.
earon

Earon Kavanagh
April 13th, 2005, 03:59 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : Here's more incentive. I'll be there getting drunk. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes before I do something humiliating on camera. -->>>

that's really cool. but does joes sell booze? haven't been there for awhile.
earon

Dylan Couper
April 13th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Beats me. I'll bring my own just in case.

Dylan Couper
April 14th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Actually, it looks like I might not be able to make it tonight.

Ronald Lee
April 14th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Oh no, now Earon will have to spend the night sober! Oh, the humanity!

Earon Kavanagh
April 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : Oh no, now Earon will have to spend the night sober! Oh, the humanity! -->>>
well, actually. i started earlier at lunch. i smuggled in a micky of wine into a restaurant.
earon

Alex Melnikov
April 15th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Nice meeting everyone. It was fun playing with Dan's toys.

Just checked out Earon's project. Looks interesting. Too bad I didn't know Varouj's background. I was born relatively close to Armenia. I could see Mt. Elbrus out the window every morning. :-)

Earon Kavanagh
April 15th, 2005, 10:11 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Alex Melnikov : Nice meeting everyone. It was fun playing with Dan's toys.

Just checked out Earon's project. Looks interesting. Too bad I didn't know Varouj's background. I was born relatively close to Armenia. I could see Mt. Elbrus out the window every morning. :-) -->>>

wow! you and Mr. Varouj should talk. here's his number -(604) 872-6075. Hey, everyone call up Varouj!

varouj and i have to keep having constant dialogues with each other about the project. it's quite interesting, the process of remaining on the same page when it's a collaboration of minds and ideas.

so last night we went to the portuguese club next to joes cafe. they have fresh mussle, clams, homemade fries and portuguese buns. and of couse, BEER, but not a grand selection.

nice meeting everyone! let's do it again.
earon

Dan Diaconu
April 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM
I know is 8pm but there is a commercial shooting tomorrow on Bowen Island and they use a 100A.
They want to use the image converter I have made on this camera. If anyone sees this message and has a 100a, we could meet and try it out any time tonight before 11pm (final adjustments)
Courtesy, you will keep the footage (night shoots) and free to use them for your own productions latter...

Dan Diaconu
April 23rd, 2005, 09:09 PM
Call me please when you get this message if you want to try it (get out and shoot something).
604-780-1818
Thanks.

Nigel Nunn
May 5th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Just want to throw my hat into the ring as the latest Vancouverite to join. How would y'all rate this forum as far a good resource for info?

Keith Loh
May 5th, 2005, 10:53 PM
It is excellent.

Ronald Lee
May 5th, 2005, 11:19 PM
This forum is great. Good to meet people. Just watch out for that Asian guy who walks around shirtless with a glowing halo around his head.

Ronald Lee
May 6th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Actually, is anyone here interested in splitting the cost of this software?

http://www.frameforge3d.com/index.php

If you are a filmmaker, especially a director, this will be useful. I am usually the last person to get filmmaking software, but I see value in this when presenting proposals or comminicating to your (camera) crew.

Dave Ferdinand
May 6th, 2005, 11:30 AM
I'm in Van as well... Too bad I missed this thread before people hooked up.

What kind of stuff do you guys use your gear for? I'm just finishing my first short and plan to do another in the summer.

About FrameForge... It looks interesting but a bit old. Isn't there anything better around? Sometimes I use GMax, which is free although not made for story boards. It's fairly straightforward to use

Ronald Lee
May 6th, 2005, 12:34 PM
well, the other one I found is "Story Board Quick" which seems just as easy to use. http://www.powerproduction.com/quick.html

As for what we do, we people here have various uses for their DV stuff. I am always looking for people to come out to shoot some stuff for practice/fun. There are certainly a number of good experienced people here.

Keith Loh
May 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
This forum is great. Good to meet people. Just watch out for that Asian guy who walks around shirtless with a glowing halo around his head.

Gee who would that be :)

Jack Zhang
May 10th, 2005, 12:38 AM
I'm From Burnaby, near metrotown, they shoot smallville near where I live! (I think.)

Jason Liddicoat
May 17th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I shooting stuff here in Port Moody... small, slow but ultimately profitable (or I wouldn't be doin' it...hehehe).

What is everyone else doing?

Jason

Dylan Couper
May 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I shooting stuff here in Port Moody... small, slow but ultimately profitable (or I wouldn't be doin' it...hehehe).

What is everyone else doing?

Jason

Good to see some other Vancouverites out here in the sticks... I'm by Coq. Center.

Jason Liddicoat
May 31st, 2005, 02:26 PM
GVRD'ers...

Have a potential project with a client who needs some 8mm FILM converted to digital. Not sure of the exact running time and length of the raw footage. But my client says under 15 mins. All I need is the stuff converted... Don't have a projector... Only know video , not film.

Anybody know someone who does this cheap?

Thanks,

Jason

Rodrigo Otaviano
May 31st, 2005, 05:51 PM
GVRD'ers...

Have a potential project with a client who needs some 8mm FILM converted to digital. Not sure of the exact running time and length of the raw footage. But my client says under 15 mins. All I need is the stuff converted... Don't have a projector... Only know video , not film.

Anybody know someone who does this cheap?

Thanks,

Jason

Not in Vancouver but you may wanna try "Black And White Film Factory" in Toronto.

http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/

I've already sent some rools (16mm) to these guys and it doesn't take more than a few days to get the footage back in digital format. If you send the minidv tape it's even cheaper.

Make sure they process the film stock you have first.

Rodrigo

Earon Kavanagh
May 31st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Not in Vancouver but you may wanna try "Black And White Film Factory" in Toronto.

http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/

Rodrigo

Contact Kai Ling Xue - she is a filmmaker and specialized in this kind of work. She is here in Vancouver.
art_machine_kai@hotmail.com

604-771-8983

Earon,
Vancouver

Colin Minihan
June 9th, 2005, 02:17 AM
heh, im from Burnaby ... just off canada way... my company is www.digitalinterference.net we are still in start up phase and always looking for a helping hand on projects... music video's in general.

Ronald Lee
June 9th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Cool site Colin.

Jason, I could help you with that, but I'm not in town until the 24th.

Dylan, we'll do lunch when I"m back. Later bro.

Earon Kavanagh
June 9th, 2005, 10:07 AM
heh, im from Burnaby ... just off canada way... my company is www.digitalinterference.net we are still in start up phase and always looking for a helping hand on projects... music video's in general.

"digitalinterference" - great name
will check out your site - i'm in vancouver/ mainstreet area.

earon
hood-wink films

Ronald Lee
July 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Hey Guys,

I think it's time we meet again. We've have two meetings so far, both times on the Drive. The first was good, a lot came out. The second was...boring because no one had anything to talk about.

I have this briliant idea. We're all filmmakers, why don't we go watch a film and then get a coffee afterwards to talk about our impressions about the film. I'm talking about giving up one 4 hour block of time to meet everyone else. I for one, am always interested in meeting people to shoot for various projects and to see what technology people are into.

Say, in the first weekend of August. Sound like a plan?

Email me if interested and I"ll make another post when we have definate plans.

Ron

Shawn Hamilton
July 26th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I`ll say hello, just discovered this site and its great. I`m out in the Fraser Valley.

Ronald Lee
August 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I guess everyone is too busy to meet?

Let's kick start this thread again and everyone list the major equipment (Camera, etc...) that you have. It'll be fun and I'm interested in who else uses Sony's.

Ronald
Camera: Song PDX10
Sound: Sennheiser ME66, Evolution G2 100 wireless
Editing: Adobe Premiere 6.0
Skills: everything (acting, writing, directing, producing)

Dylan Couper
August 18th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Sony makes a video camera?

Canon XL1 16x
Canon XL1 3x
Canon ZR40
Canon 10d 28-135 IS
Canon 10d 100-300L
Canon S100
Canon Elan 7

:)

Jason Liddicoat
August 18th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Here goes it,

Canon GL1
Panasonic 1 chip
Audio Technica AT8531
Pentax Z-70p still
Manfrotto #055 legs and #136 Head
Premier Pro 1.5 on 3.0 GHZ/160 GB HD/512KB Cache/LG CD/DVD R/RW/120 GB Portable HD
Matrox P750 dual monitors

Jason

Ronald Lee
August 22nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
SOMETHING NEW!

I am doing a short film contest, between the 25th and 31st of August and I am looking for a few local hands to help with anything and everything. I'm predominantly a producer, but for this I am directing and acting, so if any of you guys would like to try your hand at producing, let me know.

This is in the Vancouver area. It's a short 10 min film, cool story, I have most of the logistics worked out.

Ron
eb7g@shaw.ca

Glen Chua
August 23rd, 2005, 03:49 AM
Ronald, I just emailed you about your little project.

Nic Brown
August 26th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Yo!

I live in Vancouver,I make short films sometimes, and mainly music videos. I've been doing this stuff for about 10 years if you count the stuff I made in elementary school. Although I'm hugely into cinematography, my primary area of interest is editing, and I'd be all over editing your work, if its really interesting - especially nature photography or documentary footage. If anyone has some unqiue, well shot raw material that they want edited, let me know. I have a demo DVD if you'd like to see some work. heptaparaparshinokh@hotmail.com

Nic Brown
August 26th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Well, technically, New Westminster

I'm defenitely into collaborating if someone needs an editor. It's gotta be some solid material though... email me or something and we can talk about it. If you have some wicked DV footage collecting dust, contact me for sure, I'm all over it. heptaparaparshinokh@hotmail.com

Saturnin Kondratiew
August 26th, 2005, 10:20 PM
i figured i'd post up...heheh..hey Ron i'll call you tomorrow saturday ....better be around man or else.. :D
cheers everyone

oh yea... a meeting for the end of summer should be arranged, might be fun.

Ronald Lee
September 4th, 2005, 04:33 AM
hi guys,

good to meet some of you last weekend (you know who you are). I am looking for more shooters, or at least those with Sony cameras we can borrow (heh) for this week, from Sept 6 to about the 11th. Perhaps a boom op as well.

I will be doing some documentary type shooting of a guy who is very good with women. At this point, it's going to be deferral (not saying volunteer or waived, unless you don't care and just want experience, then come on board!), as I'm seeing on getting some money from an undisclosed source for this later in the year.

Email me audio90@shaw.ca if you are interested and want to know more.

Saturnin Kondratiew
September 5th, 2005, 11:58 AM
are u up to no good again..heh..just kidding...i'd like to help..but i only have sony vx 2000, sold the pd150 not to long ango and i got the awful(sarcastic) dvx100a ..eheheh...
i might be albe to help out one day o somthing..lemme know...
ltr dude
Sat

Tom Vandas
September 8th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I've been lurking long enough, but somehow always bypassed this section, never noticed how many we are from Vancouver. My postal address is on the North Shore, but I'm in southern Africa for a few more months.

Chris, Rob and co., this site has been a godsend, especially with a unstable connection and very little time to find what I need. Here's a big THANK YOU for your efforts!