View Full Version : Helping Hands from 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

Doyle Keeton
October 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Need a still shooter in Jacksonville, FL area on Nov. 11, 12 and 13.
Doyle

Daniel Broadway
October 21st, 2005, 11:41 AM
Well, I'm afriad I wouldn't be able to pay much, because I am just a visual effects student in college. I am trying to recreate the lava planet seen at the end of Episode III.

I finally got some pretty decent looking CGI lava fountains. This is NOT a scene from Episode III. I did all the visual effects in this shot. Take a look...

http://cryptite.f2o.org/Mustafar/Mustafar_Env_composite.mov

DJ Kinney
October 21st, 2005, 07:46 PM
Hi. I've started a new multimedia production company that is really just a Mafia front for my secret desire to make short films.

I'm looking for someone in PDX to share in the trials and tribulations. From working over the script ideas, to scouting for locations, to the all-important day when you get to act like someone important at the hotel meeting room for auditions and then tell the actors that we don't actually have enough money to pay them.

Or help in fundraising so that we will have enough.

Takers?

Dave Frank
October 21st, 2005, 11:16 PM
Hey guys, I am currently in production on an independent feature called "Sleep Tight, Tiger". We recently had a crew member realize they just couldn't make the time commitment to working on the film, so now I am looking for a new camera assistant. We are shooting on a XL-2 with a mini35.

This is a non-paying, non-union production. Give me a call and I can give you all the info you need!

-David Frank

Alecks Purifoy
October 22nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
im still looking for a videographer / dp in KC available the day after thanksgiving for a 2 day shoot!

you will be fed(catering) and compensated for gasoline.....

If your interested, shoot me a short e-mail at

alexpurifoy@gmail.com

and tell me about your self, experience ect.

thanks

Brian Johnson
October 25th, 2005, 12:32 AM
We are currently looking for an experienced gaffer for our upcoming fifteen-minute independent psychological horror film. You must be able to work well in a team environment and work closely with the director of photography to achieve the desired effect. Outdoor night scene lighting skills are a must. The shooting dates are tentative right now for December 2nd through 4th in Monmouth County, New Jersey with a possibility that we might go over that three day time frame. This is a low budget film meaning that this is a non-paying job. We will pick up your transportation costs and pay for your food.

If you are interested, please send me a copy of your resume/work experience and some samples of your prior work if you have them to bpjobs@bp.kairazarin.com.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Brian

DJ Kinney
October 25th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I think it's time for Craigslist.

Brandon Greenlee
October 26th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I've seen better...

Henrik Holmberg
October 27th, 2005, 08:55 AM
These scripts are not available anymore. Thanks for your interest.

Daniel Broadway
October 27th, 2005, 02:28 PM
That's not nice, Brandon. See you at work...ha ha.

Andrew Sohn
October 28th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Would any DVX100A users in Northern New Jersey be available for around 2 hours sunday (october 28th) morning at around 9:30? I am taping a small tribute video for an organization and my camera died on me. I would be willing to pay. Please contact me at andrewjsohn at yahoo dot com.

Matthew Overstreet
October 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM
My partner and I plan to shoot a scene from a recently completed feature length screenplay to woe producers/investors.

We're looking for someone that owns a DVX100 that would be willing to help us out. Does anyone here, who is from Massachusetts (south of boston), own one?

We're not necessarily looking for operators (we have operating experience), but that wouldn't be out of the question. Would be willing to "rent" one.

The shoot would last one day, approximately six to eight hours. Would be willing to pay, but would need a price quote (this is essentially a no-budget shoot). Not clear on exact date yet, but probably a Sunday.

Anyway, help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to responses.

Steve House
November 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Put a cookie or sugar close to your camcorder and watch as the ants crawl out to get the food, once out remove your camcorder and teach the ants a lesson or two.

Reminds me of an old remedy for body lice involving a darkened theatre and extra salty popcorn ROFL

Dan Diaconu
November 3rd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Put a cookie or sugar close to your camcorder and watch as the ants crawl out to get the food, once out remove your camcorder and teach the ants a lesson or two.
you took the words out of my mouth. That's what I would do as well, just make sure they don't start staking the sugar in the....."nest"......(lol)

Robin Hemerik
November 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Hi all,

From december 6th to exactly one year later on, I will leave my tiny European home to explore Australia. Australia offers European travellers a so called 'working holiday visa': I am allowed to work during my stay.

I'd love to do some short jobs in film business over there. Does anyone know good Australian websites with the latests vacancies for local projects? I am really looking for gaining more experience rather than money, since I only have done about 50 setdays as a prod. assistant. So no/low budget projects are fine too!

Thanks in advance. I hope this is the right category for this topic. And beg you pardon for spelling 'vacancies' wrong ;) (can't change that anymore)

Bob Costa
November 5th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Are you just taking a camera or a whole editing setup? If complete, maybe you can sell a series of "travel reports" to a local TV station (in Amsterdam)? I am thinking about a weekly 5 minute thing that they can use for news, filler between shows, whatever. If they are interested, they will tell you what they want/need for specs.

Picking up gigs in Australia is good for learning/meeting people, but you should give some thought as to what kind of projects you can do while living your experience. Your unique perspectives might have a wide audience, depending on how you approach it. Are you a gardener? Music fan? Raver? Kayaker?

I know this is not what you asked for, but I hope you find it useful...

Robin Hemerik
November 5th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks Bob, for your reply. It's a good idea, there are lots of local smaller stations in this area. Maybe they are interested, I'll contact them.

But as you might have guessed, I was referring more to crew assistance jobs, like a PA, runner, driver, spark, etc. But your idea might even be better, since it will provide an opportunity to expand 'hands on camera'-experience.

K. Forman
November 5th, 2005, 11:46 AM
From an article I saw, the Aussies are peeved at major studios. Big films like Ghost Rider with Nicholas Cage, aren't hiring locals for any of the work. But, Australia does sound like a cool place, specially if they let you work there on vacation... wait- isn't working on your vacation an oxymoron or something?

Anyways, I even heard some years back, the Aussies would pay for you to live there, providing you brought a needed work skill.

Alecks Purifoy
November 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
im STILL looking for a DP in Kansas City!

Mickey Stroud
November 8th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Are you locked into Thanksgiving weekend for your shoot? If so, it's doubtful I could help you. If you could do it the following weekend it's possible I could be available.

I have some experience, lights, mic and a GL2 or a XL1 available to me. You can see an example of my work, Cactus Cafe, at www.independentfilmforum.com (you will have to register- but it's Free) or episode 27 at www.ladyxfilms.com.

Mickey Stroud

Ray Lane
November 8th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Greetings,

South of Boston, in Norwood, is a company called The Camera Company. They can get you a DVX for the day.

www.cameraco.com

Ray Lane

Muhammad Zuberi
November 9th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Hey,

We have a simple project for this weekend (Sat Nov 12 to Mon 14) to record a series of lectures...(talking head up at the podium, really).

Instead of renting equipment from Vistek, I wonder if someone would be interested in helping out.

The budget is limited so this may be more for the hobbyist/student. (I think).

Should have own equipment (XL2, GL2 etc... plus a good quality wireless mic).

No editing or complicated shots...just record the speaker!

This is around the GTA area.

Let me know.

MZ

Michael Salzlechner
November 9th, 2005, 04:33 PM
We could use someone to shoot video on Saturday Nov 12 2005 in Miami Kendall area

This would be to shoot ice skating all day from about 7:30a - 7p or so. We are shooting with an XL2 but could use a second shooter.

Equipment would be required something that does well in low light with tripod and everything.

Not a high budget thing so if anyone is interested please contact me

UPDATE: The required time would be from 7:30am to about 1:30pm not to 7pm as initially mentioned

Mike

Spike Spiegel
November 12th, 2005, 01:18 PM
bump!

IF anyone needs a simple/snazzy flash site for their business/product/project, please post here. Rates are relatively low right now.

Latest work done :

http://craterlionproductions.com
http://kre8-fx.com
http://seed.kre8-fx.com

Dave Frank
November 12th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Hey Spike. I am looking for someone to help develop the site for my latest film currently in production. We have a placeholder site up here: www.sleeptightmovie.com

Shoot me an email if you are interested!

-dave
info@sleeptightmovie.com

Spike Spiegel
November 12th, 2005, 08:50 PM
hey there Dave, an email is sent at the addy you provided. Thanks!

Bruce S. Yarock
November 13th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Michael,
I'm in the Fort lauderdale area, but I just got my phones and dsl back (hurricane wilma), and just saw your post today. If you ever need anything in the future, get in touch.
I have an XL2, 3 l3nses, lights, audio gear, etc.
Bruce Yarock
yarock at aol dot com

Myron Iwankewich
November 13th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately I didn't see your posting until Sunday afternoon. I hope you received some helping hands. I am available Monday if you're short.

Regards, Myron

Victor Muh
November 17th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I am looking for a DP in Paris for a short film to be shot on HDV with the Z1.

Marcin Wilczek
November 18th, 2005, 12:17 AM
We are expanding our business and looking for extra people for the 2006 wedding season (April-December):

- EXPERIENCED camera men, DPs, and cinematographers with own equipment (at least XL2 or PD170 + lighting and sound equipment, wireless mics, etc.)

- if you can edit, it’s a big plus

IMPORTANT – don’t apply if you’re just starting out. We’re looking for people who really know what they’re doing and have shot at least a few weddings. You MUST have experience shooting weddings – no exceptions!

Email info about yourself, link to online portfolio and full list of equipment (cameras, mics, lighting) you own to: marcin@zoom-studio.net

Send WEDDING reel to:

Zoom-Studio
Attn.Marcin Wilczek
428 West 56th Street, Apt. 3P
New York, NY 10019

Payment: $300-$1,000 depending on experience

Quinn OConnell
November 18th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Spike,

Interested in updating my site with some flash based styles..

something along the lines of

www.robmachado.com

Looking to stream/load video aswell..

Let me know prices etc..

my site at the moment

www.rollingcloudz.com
ww.rollingcloudz.com/photography

Thanks

Quinn

Quinn OConnell
November 18th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Spike,

my work email..

quinn.oconnell@lgim.co.uk

Luis Caffesse
November 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM
My apologies for the cut and paste job, I don' t do this very often.

I got a call today from a friend who's working on Richard Linklater's latest movie, "Coyote." They are looking for footage for playback on scenes they are shooting on Monday and Tuesday. They had footage coming in, but had some sort of shipping problem and now won't be getting their footage in time.

So, I figured I'd put the call out here.

They need 1 to 2 minutes of footage. They're looking for a Mexican Soap Opera, but if you have anything similar let me know.

The footage must be clearable (i.e. you either have the rights to it, or you can get them).

They're looking for someone who could upload the footage to a server so it could be downloaded over the weekend.

PLEASE let me know if any of you have any footage that you think might work. I figured with as many people as we have here that we might have someone who shot a pilot or something.

If you have any questions let me know.
Thanks.

Chris Scharff
November 18th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Well, in case anybody searches again for people in Atlanta, here's another shooter.....

Bob Safay
November 19th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Hey Chris, how do you like the sticks? I ended up getting the 755b for the field. Bob

Brian Doyle
November 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM
email sent

Chris Scharff
November 20th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hey Bob,
The sticks were just what I was looking for. Just got a 3130 head for it too. Thanks again.

Michael Salzlechner
November 21st, 2005, 09:47 PM
Bruce

i sent an email but never got a reply back. Did you get my email ?

Bruce S. Yarock
November 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM
No...I never got it. I'll send you all o0f my ino off line.
Bruce Yarock

Bob Safay
November 24th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Chris, glad they are working out for you. I am in the process of editing 5 hours of Hurrican Katrina video. Happy Thanksgiving. Bob

Joel Matthew
November 26th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Need 2 DVX-100's or 100a's.
Or, 2 XL-2's.
2 tripods.
1 light kit.
If you have a remote zoom controller, that would be awesome.

Pick-up on Friday mid-day. Return on the 12th late afternoon.
Thanks.

Richard Alvarez
November 26th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Joel,

Check with Film Arts Foundation if you dont hear from anyone.
www.Filmarts.org

Charles Kerr
November 27th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I am interested in hiring a steadicam operator for a HD DVD on Napa Valley. The ideal situation would be a person who resides in the LA or Bay Area. I would anticipate shooting to take 3-4 days likely in March or April of 06.

The DVD would center on traveling to from varies hotels, to wineries and restaurants in a limo with 3-4 couples. My email address is c.kerr@verzion.net

Jonathan Jones
November 29th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Hi Joel,
Welcome to the forums. Nice to have a neighbor on board. There is an outfit called "The Lux" near you in Napa. Based no their website, they have alot of stuff, or access to alot of stuff, and have alot of experience also, however, I tried to contact them about a month ago to send some business their way as I was looking to rent a whole bunch of gear for a big shoot - I thought either they may be able to rent gear or know where I could get it nearby...After a few calls and emails, I never heard anything from them, but since you are closer, stop by and see if they have any good deals for you or know a good local contact. The lux (www.thelux.com) is located on Jefferson St. in Napa.

If you want to go a little farther, don't bother with Santa Rosa. The best you will find there would be a couple of dusty S-VHS camcorders from a rental outfit I know of. Their rate for the S-VHS is a minimum $100 per day. The same models can be found in good condition on ebay for around $30. Skip Santa Rosa.

For the event I shot a month ago, I ended up renting from Corporate Media Systems in San Rafael. www.cmsrents.com Their website seems to be outdated because they don't list DVcams in their rental page, but they have 'em.

They were awesome to work with, and although they may not stock as much gear as some larger outfits in San Francisco, I was pleased to find that they had a whole lot of great gear to choose from, and were very helpful in coming up with workable solutions for me.

They don't rent XL cams anymore due to the headaches with clients abusing various components on the cam. They see it as an end-user item and more suited to someone familiar with its form factor and component setup.

I did rent a bunch of DVX's from them however, and they were great. Give them a call and see if they can help you out.

I was given the name of another outfit in San Rafael who is also great to work with, but it was after the fact and I can't remember who it was....but CMS was a real winner in my book. Just make sure you have enough $$ or credit to lay down for security on the gear. I found their rates to be very competitive in the rental field.

Hope this helps.
-Jon

Mark Montgomery
November 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I'm looking specifically for a wide angle adaptor for the DVX100. Depending on price, I might be interested in a camera kit for a second cam. Need it this weekend. If you know any rental houses in the area, please pass info along. Thanks.

Mark S Miller
December 1st, 2005, 12:22 PM
Need a video editor, or person of interest to edit wedding videos in Colorado. Work your own hours, on a sub-contract basis. Must be familiar with any pro video editing software and must meet deadlines.

Please call 1-800-958-9510 or email: work@rememberphoto.com

Zohar Lokhandwala
December 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Hi guys,
I'm a student with the New York Film Academy here in Los Angeles in the one yr Filmmaking program.
I'm shooting a trailer for my thesis Film next week which is the week of December 4th.

Urgently require a DP to come on board. Should have his own gear (a DVX100A or better..an XL2)

Its an ambitious shoot, so definately need someone with a lot of experience.
This is URGENT and I need to meet up with all applicants like today and tomorrow itself.

My thesis Film is titled 'The Alchemist', a fable based on a book by Paolo Coehlo in which Santiago, a sheperd boy travels from the Andalusian plains of Spain to the Pyramids of Egypt in search of a treasure.

So far the shoot dates are 6th, 7th and 11th of December 2005.

Email you resumes and inquiries to me at zsl_12@hotmail.com

Compensation would be $200 a day, plus credit, copy and meals.

Best of Luck! and hope to hear from you'll soon.
Sincerely,
Zohar.

Jun Tang
December 3rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
Any luck Charles?

If not, you can possibly send Charles Papert an e-mail...if he's not busy.

I think I will have my Magiqcam by then...shoot me an e-mail jun@koolwebb.com

Kathy Kegley-Moore
December 3rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Hello,

I am looking to add more work for my company and am offering my services of transferring 8mm/Super 8mm home movie reels/film to DVD. I currently offer this in my area of SE Missouri but it isn't quit enough to keep me busy full-time.

If anyone is sick of doing their film transfers themselves and want me to take them on, please send me an email. I can share my current pricing, what I would be willing to do the extra work for, and even send out a sample of my work to show I do have good quality transfers.

Plus, you are also welcome to snope around my website and read how I put it together:

http://www.katchvideo.com/8mmmovietransferspage.html

My email address is: kathy@katchvideo.com if you are interested in contacting me.

Thanks,
Kathy

Don Donatello
December 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
what method to you use to transfer ? ( as in equipment)
do you capture frame for frame or is it a run projector 18/24fps - run camera 29.97 ?