View Full Version : Helping Hands from 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Brian Doyle
October 7th, 2005, 11:13 PM
What type of rates, with no camera rental but glidecam? I take it you have a glidecam. What type?

Jun Tang
October 8th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Hey Brian,
Just a guess, but I think it might be a smooth shooter.

Charles Papert
October 8th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Mmm, guess again Jun; the Smooth Shooter can be configured with either the 2000 or 4000 model Glidecam.

Jun Tang
October 8th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Of course...

Josh Caldwell
October 8th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I have the Smooth Shooter configured with the 4000. Brian, email me at JCaldwell182@comcast.net and we can discuss rates and other things that way.

Nick Hiltgen
October 8th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Brian I'm interested in your prroject but can't seem to send you an e-mail. Would you drop me a line at edgefox-at-gmail-dot-com when you get the chance?

Jun Tang
October 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
My apology Brian,
I'm usually sarcastic....i reread it. Didn't come off the way I wanted.

Brian Duke
October 8th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Brian I'm interested in your prroject but can't seem to send you an e-mail. Would you drop me a line at edgefox-at-gmail-dot-com when you get the chance?

Will do. For others please email me at duke@superbadmusic.com

Eugene Bare
October 9th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Wish I was closer there are not many ops like that in my area.

Jimmy McKenzie
October 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Gang,
Might any of the group have a royalty free photo (you shot it) of Windsor Ontario they might be able to share for a small production?
Thanks - Jimmy.

Steven Davis
October 10th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I have a DVD duplicator and this sucker ROCKS. I can burn about 60-70 in an hour. If you need a LOT of DVD's burned and have little time to do it in or just have too many to copy and it makes your head swim... let me know!

You supply the DVD's and shipping charges... I'll charge next to nothing. Well, maybe 50 bucks next to nothing. LOL

Colby,

Where did you get your duplicator? What brand is it? Do you have a url for the model? I'm about to buy one and wanted a recommendation.

Thanks,

Steven Davis

Josh Bass
October 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM
If no one, minds, bump!

Keep in mind, guys, if your reel gets you to be the "chosen one", you can rent the camera and stuff. Once you have that budget, it's yours to use how you will.

As for DVX user, let's lay it on the line:

DVinfo, 'cause of its somewhat strict nature, tends to weed out the dipshits who populate places like DV.com and places of that ilk, so there's an air of trustworthiness and professionalism here. Can the same be said of DVX user (this isn't a rhetorical question; I'm really asking)? Because of the odd nature of the gig, and the amount of trust involved for both parties, that's a big concern. Hence the reason I haven't posted on craigslist, etc. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Thanks guys.

Brian Duke
October 11th, 2005, 07:40 AM
I am new to this and I couold really use some help in fidning the right lenses for my new system. Mini35/HD100U. If someone can help me pick out the best prices on some lenses from whereever, used or new, I am willing to throw a few dollars their way .... =)

email me duke@superbadmusic.com

Jerry Porter
October 11th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I need about 20 seconds of fly over video of the country side ASAP. If anyone has any please shoot me an email with cost info to j.porter@gnb.usda.gov thanks. 16X9 would be best

Mike Moncrief
October 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Hello,

Digital Juice has some available in its videotraxx series..
www.digitaljuice.com

also try Artbeats.. I am sure they have some to.. www.artbeats.com

you can even purchase and download clips online..

Mike M.

John Colette
October 11th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Brian - what's you lens mount?

Brian Duke
October 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Brian - what's you lens mount?

Its the PL mount for the MINI35, but I think I will get either the Canon or Nikon too just in case. but to be honest I really prefer getting Zeiss lenses rather than the slower speed Nikon and Canon. I should be getting my Mini 35 my early next week YEAH!!

Jerry Porter
October 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks i'll giv e them a look

Dave Frank
October 11th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Get hte Nikon mount. And then buy the following lenses on ebay if you're not to scared of buying used glass. Or check BHPhoto.

Nikon 50mm f/1.2 AIS MF
Nikon 35mm f/1.4 AIS MF
Nikon 24mm f/2 AIS MF
Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AIS MF
Nikon 135mm f/2 AIS MF

That'll get ya started. :)

-dave

John Colette
October 11th, 2005, 11:12 PM
I did almost exactly what Dave suggests - 24mm f2, 35mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm 2.5. All lenses were in *great* shape glasswise - to have the dust cleaned [and all lenses suffer dust] - just had to pay a local tech $100 to clean the 35. I must have paid under $1200 US for the whole set and a 16mm Russian lens [for variety].

About 3 diligent weeks on eBay - but NO way you can collect that glass locally - anywhere. I bought lenses from New Jersey, Canada, Germany, Texas, LA and Belarus. And one from Sydney, Australia, where I live :-)

john colette

Brian Duke
October 12th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Get hte Nikon mount. And then buy the following lenses on ebay if you're not to scared of buying used glass. Or check BHPhoto.

Nikon 50mm f/1.2 AIS MF
Nikon 35mm f/1.4 AIS MF
Nikon 24mm f/2 AIS MF
Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AIS MF
Nikon 135mm f/2 AIS MF

That'll get ya started. :)

-dave

The HUNT IS ON!!!! =) Thanks Dave and John..

Hey do you guys think this Fisheye from Zeiss will work with my system on a PL mount? and is it worht the money? http://cgi.ebay.com/ZEISS-16mm-f-2-8-F-Distagon-T-THE-KING-OF-FISHEYE_W0QQitemZ7553098598QQcategoryZ3340QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alos, all the 24mm I found all say f/2.8D. Is that the right one? Same with 135mm. It also says f/2.8.

So far I found the 35mm, 50mm and 85mm =)

Spike Spiegel
October 12th, 2005, 12:26 AM
hey guys, the guy whose buildin the websites is almost free to do another site. Post here if interested, thanks.

Dave Frank
October 12th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Quite an expensive fisheye. If you don't feel like spending that much, check out the Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 lens. It's Russian made. You can find them on a couple of Russian camera sites and you can get them with Nikon mounts I believe.

As for the f/2.8 versions of the lens. They're just a different version of the lens. I would always recommend getting the fastest glass possible. Obviously, the fastest glass isn't as popular on ebay, as it is more expensive.

Brian Duke
October 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Quite an expensive fisheye. If you don't feel like spending that much, check out the Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 lens. It's Russian made. You can find them on a couple of Russian camera sites and you can get them with Nikon mounts I believe.

As for the f/2.8 versions of the lens. They're just a different version of the lens. I would always recommend getting the fastest glass possible. Obviously, the fastest glass isn't as popular on ebay, as it is more expensive.

Pardon my ignorance as I am new to lenses, but I assume then that 2.8 is slow, and 2 fast and that 1.8 would be faster and 1.2 is even faster. So the lower the number the faster?

I prefer going with Zeiss and eventually want to build a library of zeiss lenses, so if the zeiss lens is best I will go for that, unless of course you think its way too expensive for that specific lens, not comparing with other cheaper ones.

Don Donatello
October 12th, 2005, 12:32 PM
why not rent the ziess ?

plenty of places in LA rent them ..

to buy .. check out (google) motion pictures equipment for sale, or ebay .. or look at Alan Gordon or Birns & Sawyers in LA .. also many rental houses will have used Ziess's for sale ...

there use to be a nikon to PL converter mount ( use nikon lens on a PL camera)

Daniel Broadway
October 12th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know where I can get some lava stock footage. What I really need is high lava fountains shot at night against a black sky.

If any of you live near a volcanic area, or have footage like this, that would be helpful too.

Brian Duke
October 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM
why not rent the ziess ?

plenty of places in LA rent them ..

to buy .. check out (google) motion pictures equipment for sale, or ebay .. or look at Alan Gordon or Birns & Sawyers in LA .. also many rental houses will have used Ziess's for sale ...

there use to be a nikon to PL converter mount ( use nikon lens on a PL camera)

I'll rent Zeiss for what i won't be able to find cheap. I have searched both google and ebay and not much on Zeiss so far that is within my price range.

Bob Costa
October 12th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Check out http://www.FuzionFilms.com Volume 3

Josh Bass
October 14th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Hey guys.

The position has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied.

Tomas Chinchilla
October 14th, 2005, 07:49 AM
You still looking for second shooter?

FX1

Tomas Chinchilla
October 14th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Hey Wade,

Long time, I see you're into this too, how are helis?

I have been doing video for a long time, I shoot with an FX1 and edit in FCP5.

Give me a call some time!

K. Forman
October 14th, 2005, 08:49 AM
He is not still looking, as this was dated a year ago... and I drove up there to help him out on this ;)

Alecks Purifoy
October 15th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Im looking for a bit of help over the Thanksgiving weekend with a short film. Your help would be awesome. I cant pay, this is on more than a shoe string budget.. but you will be fed and credited and I will do my best to help with gas. This short will see a bit of festival travel, and showcased locally.

What I need:

A DP with a righteous camera.

Gaffing. Grips and extras!

The tentative dates are 25th, 26th, and maybe the 27th of November.

Thanks!

Jed Williamson
October 15th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure how to find some gigs as an editor. Any suggestions?

If you have a project that you'd like turned into a trailer or re-edited let me know. I'm on a PC platform with Vegas, Photoshop CS2 & Digital Juice Stack Traxx at my disposal.

James Emory
October 15th, 2005, 11:40 PM
He is not still looking, as this was dated a year ago... and I drove up there to help him out on this ;)Couldn't we just pretend? LMAO!!!! :O

Alecks Purifoy
October 16th, 2005, 04:28 PM
i especially need a videographer/DP in the kansas city area...

Christopher C. Murphy
October 17th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Looks like positions are filled thanks.

Orlando Ferrer
October 18th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi:
S.O.S.
As incredible as it sounds I just found my GL2 lens are full, and I mean full of ants.

I placed the camcoder lens facing a light sourse and some of the ants got out (by the microphone) and I used compressed air to blow them away...

The problem is; there still are a lot of them INSIDE the lens.

Any ideas about how to get rid of the ants (without damaging the lens) Will be appreciated...

Cordially:
O. Ferrer

Marco Leavitt
October 18th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I don't think anything less than a trip to the Canon service center is going to get you out of this one.

Joel Holland
October 18th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Back in July I posted a request for videographers to supply stock footage to our company (Footage Firm) and had great success with the responses and we have aquired some terrific domestic and international footage because of it.

But we still need more footage, so if you have pre-existing footage on hand that you would be willing to sell to/through us, or if you have a 3-chip camera and are willing to shoot for us, please contact me for more information: joel@footagefirm.com

What we are looking for is primarily footage of cities, countries and well known landmarks around the world. To see which cities we already have, check our site: http://www.footagefirm.com

To review the sales contract we provide to 3rd party videographers, which outlines compensation and requirements, go to:
http://www.footagefirm.com/videographers.htm

To get an idea of our style of videography, download a few free clips from our site: http://www.footagefirm.com/footage/freeclips/index.htm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Joel Holland

Lewis Lehman
October 18th, 2005, 11:01 PM
ahhh...the topics. it only took one close up experience with an insect migration to realise the need to SEAL EVERYTHING from not only the moisture laden climate but all the Noseums that get into everything.

Ants are extremely resourceful. Spiders too. They have to want to leave. I wonder what they will leave behind. A proper repair seems the only route.

Mick Isdes
October 19th, 2005, 12:24 AM
I am not sure what your willing to spend? but I might be availabe for a jaunt to the the big island.

Mark Utley
October 19th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Nice clips!

I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada and would love to shoot some footage. I own a Sony HVR-Z1U HDV camera. Saskatoon is a beautiful city with many sights worth shooting. I could also shoot some prairie footage, if you like.

I shoot for a local TV station and produce my own internet TV show. I've been doing camerawork for 4 years and have shot hundreds of hours of footage.

Here's a bit of what Saskatoon looks like: http://images.google.ca/images?q=saskatoon&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

PM or email me (markutley -at- mumpsDOTca) if interested.

Meryem Ersoz
October 19th, 2005, 07:27 AM
i have lava footage, but it is not shooting fountains against a dark sky. it is oozing lava into the ocean at dusk. don't know if this is of any use....

Bill Porter
October 19th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Ants?!

Was your GL2 used for a picnic or did you just leave crumbs inside the lens?

James Bridges
October 19th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Dude you have to get a picture of this up somewhere! We have to see this....

Marco Leavitt
October 19th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I feel sorry for the poor technician who cracks that baby open. It's going to be like a B-movie.

K. Forman
October 19th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Didn't Pixar already do Ants?

Daniel Wojtowicz
October 19th, 2005, 06:59 PM
damn... if i read this sooner. I am in edmonton and would have came. oh well

David Aguilar
October 20th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Put a cookie or sugar close to your camcorder and watch as the ants crawl out to get the food, once out remove your camcorder and teach the ants a lesson or two.