View Full Version : Helping Hands from 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

George Ellis
September 10th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Forgot to post this the other day... There are other ways to lose your family because of a hurricane. They may not have liked the risk and fixation and left.

Chris Metts
September 13th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Welcome Toy!

I live and work in the Orlando area, let me know if you are wanting to do a project or somthing, I will be more than happy to help out. I myself have been finding it alittle difficult to find other independent filmmakers around here who are willing to put enough time and effort into a project to make it look good. So if anyone around Orlando is wanting to make a project, and needs some help, let me know!

:o)

Chris.

Josh Caldwell
September 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm working on my short film The Beautiful Lie. Some you may have seen the trailer. I'm looking for a good colorist who could help me correct about 8 shots, all quick, and relatively the same. Meaning, change to one could be applied (with a bit of tweaking) to all of them. They all need the same type of correction.

I don't have any money but credit with of course be given. Anyone interested? Or know someone who is really good with Color Correction?

Thanks,
Josh

Vladimir Frolov
September 15th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Location sound recording for film and video.

A Moscow based production mixer is available to cover your project needs all over Russia and CIS countries.
Full Feature Film kit (and any other equipment available upon need). Full Crew.

Credits:
Countdown (FF)
Men's Season (FF)
Don't Even Think (FF)

--
Vladimir Frolov
Production Mixer
Phone: +7 (926) 527-6990
E-Mail: sound@fft.ru

Kevanya Jones
September 15th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hello all, I just move here from North Jersey and i am also looking for some others in the video. I am looking for so opportunities to sharpen up my skills. I own my own dvc 15. It is not the best but it is good. I am looking to help out with some projects. Get my feety wet (so to say). If you or anyone else would like to get together. Please feel free to email @ KMPfilms@gmail.com or Call me a 908-370-7622. Oh Oh my name is Kevanya but everyone calls me Kay..

Hope to talk soon....

Kevanya Jones
September 15th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Hello, I am able to shoot footage of West Palm and the surrounding area ( like Ft. lauderdale and bouyon beach, and more. If need footage there email me. Kmpfilms@gmail.com

Imran Zaidi
September 15th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, a good couple of ways to start meeting local filmmakers in the Orlando area is:

1) DMAC film slam. See www.dmacorlando.com for details.

2) Go to the next FMPTA meeting (Florida Motion Picture and Television Association). Info is below since their site seems to be down right now. It costs money, but usually if it's your first time, find the chair Scott Dupont, and tell him it's your first time, and he'll let you in free. A range of people go - from pretty experienced to college level.

Notice how both of these are at DMAC. It's a great place to get to know filmmakers, and watch hard-to-find indie films.

------------
NEXT FMPTA PROGRAM: Monday, September 19th : Veteran Actor JOHN MARTINO!

The Orlando chapter of the Florida Motion Picture & Television
Association proudly presents veteran Actor John Martino best known for
his co-starring role in "The Godfather"! John Martino was born in
Brooklyn and grew up loving show business with Frank Sinatra and Marlon
Brando being his two favorite entertainers. As a teenager, John took
singing and acting lessons under the teaching of John Cassavette’s, the
American Academy of Dramatic arts, and the Universal Art Studios. John
recorded his 1st song titled "Baby Sitting Baby" when he was 20 years old
which landed him an appearance on Dick Clark’s "American Bandstand".
After that small taste of stardom, John moved out to California to pursue
his acting and singing career. He began working in the studios which paid
off after John connected with a production manager who got him a part in
the tv series "Wild, Wild West." John had become a member of the Screen
Actors Guild and went on to do several small roles in movies until he was
cast in the role of Paulie Gatto in the film "The Godfather" which went
on to become one of the greatest films of all time. John would go on to
make several other films and meet many great people in the film industry.
To this day, John is still active in the business appearing in several
recent films including "Confessions of a Thug" and "Flowers" and most
recently he reunited with Robert Duvall and James Caan on "The Godfather
Video Game".

Mr. Martino is currently living in Central Florida with his wife Lori and
his two sons John and Joseph. Being in the theatrical business for over
40 years, John wanted to create a line of hair products with a touch of
Hollywood nostalgia. John created and designed the bottle shaped like an
award for Hollywood Movie Hair Products, Inc. as well as set up the
"Shoes For Kids Foundation", a non-profit organization, in which 10% of
the profit of Hollywood Movie Hair products goes.

This is the first time that the Orlando chapter has hosted John Martino,
so please make sure you don’t miss this exciting program to be held on
Monday, September 19th at the Downtown Media Arts Center (DMAC) located
at 39 S. Magnolia Ave. Orlando, FL 32801. DMAC is located in the green
two story building on the corner of Pine Street and Magnolia Avenue. For
more info and directions visit: www.dmacorlando.com. There are usually
plenty of free parking spaces on the street after 6pm or convenient
garage parking is also available. FMPTA’s famous networking hour starts
at 6:30 pm; the meeting officially kicks off at 7:30 pm. FMPTA members
are admitted for free, guests for $10 and students and members of
reciprocal organization for just $5. For more information, visit our web
site at www.fmpta-orlando.org or call Scott at (407) 629 - 7268.
------------

Chris Metts
September 16th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks Imran I'll have to go check it out, maybe I'll see you there!

Chris

Glenn Chan
September 17th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Josh,
I do not live in New York but it may be possible for me to help you out.

You can check out some of my work at
http://www.glennchan.info/Proofs/dvinfo/EFP1-CC-comparison.mov

If you're interested, it would be possible for me to color your film if you can FTP the file to me (up to 5GB is feasible), or you can mail me a miniDV tape.

My email is gchan AT uts.oise.utoronto.ca . We can discuss the details through email if you're interested.

James Emory
September 18th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I think that's known as a colorist but I like correctionist too. :)

A. Stone
September 21st, 2005, 10:37 AM
Hi there!

I live, work, and play in the high Sierra of California and I've been shooting a fair bit of extreme whitewater footage, mountain-scape b-roll, time-lapse, etc...you know, all the standard stuff. If anyone out there in independent production land needs some HDV b-roll or a camera operator + HDV camera in the mountainous regions of central so-cal, I'm your man!

Cheers!

Andrew Stone
Last Minute Productions
P.O. Box 751
Kernville, CA 93238
(760) 376-2014
astone2@mchsi.com

Kevanya Jones
September 21st, 2005, 07:17 PM
Hello All:

I am taping a concert and i am the only videographer. I am wondering what is the best way of taping it. I want to get all angles but without the any problems.. Help Help. Comments and Suggestions...

Kay
KMP FIlms

Kevin Wild
September 21st, 2005, 08:58 PM
Borrow a 2nd camera and set it somewhere safe and let it record a wide shot with the entire stage. Use your main camera as a roving camera at the front of the stage getting closeups of players, instruments, crowd, etc. Never stop rolling on this camera, so it will be easier to sync in post with the other.

Just a couple thoughts.

kevin

Stephanie Wilson
September 21st, 2005, 11:51 PM
Borrow a 2nd camera and set it somewhere safe and let it record a wide shot with the entire stage. Use your main camera as a roving camera at the front of the stage getting closeups of players, instruments, crowd, etc. Never stop rolling on this camera, so it will be easier to sync in post with the other.

Just a couple thoughts.

kevin

And a GOOD couple of thoughts, Kevin. You were so right to suggest a second camera.....it's the only way to shoot this unless the band doesn't mind a "walkin the dog" tape as the videographer repositions constantly.....

I would also suggest that he slave the same timecode to both cameras, (make sure they are both shooting drop frame as well) which will also make it easier to edit. Your suggestion to keep the roaming camera rolling at all times is something I finally learned after many hours of pulling my hair out trying to match video to music that stopped and started. Good call!

Good luck to the original poster. Sorry I didn't write down your name before I hit the quote button for Kevin.

Stephanie

Owen Dawe
September 21st, 2005, 11:58 PM
It is quite a challenge to shoot a concert. Kevin and Stephany's reply is about the best you can do. Unless you can borrow more cameras and have them set on differing shots. Then you, on a close shot, try and grab some interesting and varing shots to edit in.

Is this for your own use, or is it a request from somebody else? If it's the latter warn them that the quality may be a bit disapointing for the following reasons.

Lighting: If it's a stage show it will more than likely be lit for the stage. Video has it's own lighting demands and needs to be lit accordingly.

Audio: If you are restricted to the cam mics this will limit the audio quality drasticly. If you can take a feed from the sound desk, this may also prove a disapointment as it will be mixed for the house rather than a recording.

For professional shoots a concert requires much planning and a skilled lighting, camera, and audio crew.

Try to get in on a rehearsal or two so you can experiment.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit discouraging. But shooting a concert on your own is a big call. If you've been asked to do it by another person ask them what their expectations are. And warn them it wont look like a tv show.

Most important Kay. Have fun. That's the main thing.

Owen Dawe
September 22nd, 2005, 12:07 AM
Kay

A bit off topic. I'm sitting here in the Southern Hemisphere and all I seem to be hearing is news of one hurricane after another. Hope you are safe. If I was closer I'd love to give a hand on shooting your concert as they're great fun.

Stephanie Wilson
September 22nd, 2005, 01:31 AM
Kay

A bit off topic. I'm sitting here in the Southern Hemisphere and all I seem to be hearing is news of one hurricane after another. Hope you are safe. If I was closer I'd love to give a hand on shooting your concert as they're great fun.

Dear Owen and Kevanya,

If I had a longer leg I'd be kicking myself in the ass.....Duh for the obvious to Kev, take your camera out and shoot whatever amazing hurricane footage you can, walk it to the nearest satellite truck and get the producer inside to pay for your footage. You can ask at least $500 or MORE for decent footage as a "stringer" videographer.

This requires that you get video that none of the of the other shooters have gotten. Not impossible if you have a police radio and a knowledge of the city that other photogs don't. Use these to your advantage and save people along the way if possible.....And try to second guess where the next "problem" will be and arrive before everyone else.

Good Luck, Stephanie

Owen Dawe
September 22nd, 2005, 03:37 AM
Hi Stephanie,

(sorry I spelt your name wrong before). Still further off topic. Good idea, getting hurricane footage. Hey!! Seeing as you live in California. Was it you then that got that amazing footage of the airbus landing with all those sparks flying off the front wheel (grin).

Back to topic. I shoot a bit of music myself. What do you do?

Cheers.

Josh Caldwell
September 22nd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Meydenbauer Entertainment, an award winning production company, is looking for a 3D designer to help put together our leader and logo.

There isn't a lot of pay right now, but it can negotiated based on your rates and so forth. It will also be determined by the level of difficulty the logo ends up rising to.

Must be proficient with 3D Max or comparable. No beginner's please.

Send me an email at: JCaldwell182@comcast.net

Stephanie Wilson
September 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Stephanie,

(sorry I spelt your name wrong before). Still further off topic. Good idea, getting hurricane footage. Hey!! Seeing as you live in California. Was it you then that got that amazing footage of the airbus landing with all those sparks flying off the front wheel (grin).

Back to topic. I shoot a bit of music myself. What do you do?

Cheers.

Hey Owen,

Thanks so much for asking. If I knew how to e-mail you directly I would, rather than bore all these fine people on this board.

I shot for various PBS stations for my first 10 years and for the L.A. bureau of CNN for 11 years after that. Just got tired of the 2am phone calls and flying all over the country covering bad stuff. Have been trying rather unsuccessfully to make it in the freelance market for the last year. A doc that I was shooting on spec has pretty much gone into the toilet as the producer can't handle the prima donna musician subject. My other project has a producer with no money and my attempts at getting crew gigs haven't happened because I don't have a on-line link to my resume reel yet.

Wow, aren't you sorry you asked.....

But what's the good news with you, Owen? Do you have a "real" job and shoot music for fun? What equipment do you have and how are you liking it? How long have you been shooting and what do you consider your best talents? Off topic, he, he, again... Wife, kids, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs?

I'm single by choice, have 2 dogs and a cat and a nice little house that I'm trying to hand on to. Wish me luck!!!!

Good to meet you. Take care my new friend,

Stephanie

Jack Barker
September 24th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Well, there's northern NJ and there's NORTHERN NJ.
Where exactly are you?

Owen Dawe
September 25th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Hi Stephanie,

I've sent a reply off direct to you. You should get it I hope,

Cheers

Michael Estepp
September 25th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Hello All -

I live in Los Angeles and am shooting a feature using miniDV on October 15th. This is my second feature, and I have done about seven short films. Right now my project is an "Out of pocket" project. I need a bare minimum of two thousand. Raising money wasn't something I left for the last minute, in fact, it has been a top priority since the script was finished. However, I still don't have one. I want to do this legally and quickly. This is a "for profit" film. Asking family for "donations" isn't an option. My film deals with hate crimes and so maybe there is some leverage there, though I hear going to support groups are a waste of time! I really just need some advice, I'm not looking for any secret information. Thousands of filmmakers get hundreds of thousands of dollars every day. I need 2... Please help!

Steve Leary
September 26th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Anyone know of a good place to rent AV equipment in Rochester, NY? I'm looking to rent 2 Canon XL2's and a portable teleprompter pkg in mid-October. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carl Creasey
September 27th, 2005, 07:32 AM
give this place a call

http://www.hahngraphic.com/hgraphic/

Steve Leary
September 27th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Thanks Carl - i checked them out and gave them a call. All they rent are the Canon ZR65MC. I'm looking for 2 XL2's and a telemprompter.

Thank you for the help though!

Brian Andrews
September 27th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Hey Jack. The shoot will be in and around Roseland, NJ. Roseland is in west Essex county, a few miles from the Morris County line. It is 5 minutes from Parsippany and 15 minutes from Morristown.

I hope to shoot over one or two weekends in November.

Let me know if you are interested. Email me at sigamy@email.com

I just held auditions on Saturday and the cast looks great!

Spike Spiegel
September 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I'm looking for some pre-viz artists. The weird thing is, havn't seen many posts here regarding previz. If anyone is interested, please email me. Thanks

Josh Bass
September 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hello all. Here’s the situation: I’m working, as DP, on a low-budget documentary on a local artist. We’re based in Houston, Texas, and we need to conduct three interviews out in California. However, due to the cost of airfare, hotels, etc., it has been decided that it would be more practical to hire someone out in CA than for us to travel. In light of that fact, here’s what we are looking for:

Overview:

We want to hire a cameraman (or team—more on this later) to shoot three interviews, with the brothers of the subject of the documentary, in one location, in one day. The location is a house in the Brentwood of area of Los Angeles, so the cameraman will probably want to be reasonably close to that area, unless they don’t mind paying their own travel expenses.

In addition to the interview, we would like some B-roll of the interior of the house, the outside of the house, and some shots of the neighborhood. A shot list will be provided.

You would shoot the interviews and B-roll, then send the tapes back to us.

Style notes:

The style is a typical interview style: ¾ shot, looking to one side of the camera, almost facing the camera, but not quite. We used a typical interview setup, soft key, soft fill, and hair light (on one person, at least). We were going for a less “corporate” look, more artistic, that is, the key and fill are noticeably at different levels, but not TOO contrasty. Something else we did was to vary the focal length between questions. We had a “wide” a “medium” and a “tight,” that we switched up on each different question. The wide was usually not very wide, however, about waist up at most, maybe a little tighter. I have samples of the footage on my website of two interviews, and the three focal lengths we used (these are quicktime files, and pretty small ones (1-2 MB each):

Example 1:

Wide - http://www.joshbass.com/adickes_wide.mov

Medium - http://www.joshbass.com/adickes_med.mov[/url

Tight - [url]http://www.joshbass.com/adickes_tight.mov

Example 2

Wide - http://www.joshbass.com/lynda_wide.mov

Medium -http://www.joshbass.com/lynda_med.mov

Tight - http://www.joshbass.com/lynda_tight.mov

For the three interviews, you will shoot outdoors, and use the backgrounds available at the location. One can have the pool as a background, one can have the ocean as a background, and one can have the hills leading to the ocean as a background. There will NOT be black background, as in one of the examples—that was reserved for the subject of the documentary, to separate him from everyone else.

Equipment:

For consistency’s sake, the interviews should be shot on a DVX100 or DVX100a, the 100a being preferred because that’s how the ones we’ve done so far were shot. You will need to mask your viewfinder (or production monitor, if you have one available) to shoot for 16:9, as we shot in 4:3, but with the flipout LCD masked for 16:9, to be cropped in post.

These are the settings we had on the DVX100/100a. You will need to set your camera the same way.

For audio, we had a ME-66 shotgun. You can use a boom, a lav, or both (one on one channel, one on the other).

As far as lighting, that will be up to you, as long as the gear yields the desired results.

Budget/payment:

Here’s the part I’m sure everyone’s worried about. The total budget for this shoot is $650. The deal is, if you can do it alone with your own gear, great. If you want to hire one or two or three people and rent gear, great. If you’re selected, the budget’s yours to do with what you will, as long as you deliver the goods. We will pay half up front, and half after the tapes are shipped back to us. Please do not be outraged by the opulence of the location vs. the meagerness of the budget for the shoot—the two are unrelated.

The rest:

I will be doing the hiring on this, so I need to see demo reels, or better yet, specific examples of talking head interviews, similar to what we’re going for. If you have stuff online, that’s the best thing, but if not, you can snail mail to my address.

We’ll have a contract for you if selected
There is no set date, that will be determined based upon the cameraman/crew’s availability.

Production office Address:

of the sun films
3805 west Alabama street #7106
Houston Texas 77027

For the specifics (my address, the location address, etc.) email me @ joshbass at sbcglobal dot net. For other questions/comments, email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks guys.

Spike Spiegel
September 30th, 2005, 12:53 AM
I have a contact that is willing to make flash based websites for around $150 and onwards. (Depending on complexity)

-you must provide for hosting and domain name
-monthly maintenance is not his concern unless you negotiate a deal with him
-complex sites like databases, complex features like .cgi .asp .php not available

One of his current projects that he's working on is :

http://manymanythings.com/sashi/craterlion/beta
for a show (work in progress)

and http://www.naderfard.com
for real estate
(work in progress)

flash sites like these are perfect if you are doing a startup business and need a simple / elegant /flashy site for a really low price.

Also, if you are looking for background music, this can be done too, royalty free music can be created, tailored to your website content/theme.

please post here if interested, thanks for your time!

Gary Siu
September 30th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Hi,

Anyone in the Vancouver BC area with a vectorscope and waveform monitor (and knows how to properly calibrate a Betacam SP camera) available? I can drive to outside areas if needed. I have the spec manual for referrence, just want to calibrate. Will pay cash. Thanks. Please email me directly. siucoharley@hotmail.com

Nathan Summers
September 30th, 2005, 04:33 PM
If anyone interested in watching a Live video stream of BlizzCon could borrow, donate or rent a Canon XL2, please let me know.

A popular World of Warcraft Radio show will be transmiting live from BlizzCon using Peer-to-peer video broadcast technology on Windows Media Player format. If you are a company providing the Cameras, free advertising will run within the video transmission. World of Warcraft has 4 million paid subscribers worldwide.

They need at least 3 Canon XL2 Cameras to cover different areas of the BlizzCon event at once. The Video transmission will be free of cost to viewers.

Let me know if you may give a hand. So far he got the high-end Computer and a Chinese company will provide p2p video-streaming.

BlizzCon is on October 28-29 at Anaheim, California. The guys going there are from Florida. The show features Starcraft: Ghost and World of Warcraft Expansion details straight from Blizzard Entertainment Developers
http://www.blizzcon.com/panel.shtml

Josh Bass
October 1st, 2005, 04:55 AM
bumpity bump

Pete Mander
October 1st, 2005, 05:15 PM
I am interested ..the sooner the better.. my email is pmander @cogeco.ca and I have a paypal acount.

if possible call me at 905 688-8915 buisness line or forward me your number to my email

Thanks

Pete
www.kre8-fxproductions.com

Spike Spiegel
October 1st, 2005, 07:40 PM
Email sent! Thanks for your interest. Any more takers please respond to this thread and you will be contacted shortly. Thanks

K. Forman
October 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Spike- Can your contact do 3D flash games?

Spike Spiegel
October 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
i'm not sure, i don't think he can do complex action script. However, there are a bunch of royalty free flash games that he can incorporate into a site, if thats acceptable with you.

K. Forman
October 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks, but I'm looking for someone able to develope a game from scratch. My scripting and 3D skills are a little shaky, nowhere near good enough to do this myself. But, thanks again.

Ken Beals
October 2nd, 2005, 09:07 PM
Acoustic Rock Band Tesla on Canada Tour.

http://www.teslatheband.com/home.aspx

Will be video documenting the first 3 stops of Teslas' Canada tour. Could not carry on the plane a 2nd camera and would welcome a 2nd cam. during performances.
You will need to have own gear (Sony PD170 3 chip or equivalent).

The Schedule :
Vancouver , October 15th @ the Fabulous Commodore Ballroom
Edmonton, October 17th @ Red's Entertainment Complex
Calgary, October 18th @ The Whiskey

Am doing this shoot as a gift in honor of the huge generosity the Band and specifically their Drummer, Troy Luccketta have done to help a fellow Artist who was faced with staggering Medical expenses during her battle with Leukemia.
see photos of that benefit concert:

http://www.wakeuptolove.com/photogallery/PhotoGallery.aspx?gid=10

Am not receiving compensation from the Band, only All Access permission.

You will be given All Access to an exciting concert(s).

For the sake of Logistics looking for a videographer in each city. If you could cover more than one show let me know, we can discuss.

Can cover your travel expenses, tapes, incidentals and credits.

thanks,

Ken Beals

480.733.5633 (home)
480.678.1175 (cell)

ken.beals@gmail.com

Christopher Bishop
October 3rd, 2005, 01:28 AM
Hello -

Christopher Bishop here. My production company is in need of at least three production assistants for the feature film we're currently working on. This is a non-paid position, on Saturdays and Sundays only. The normal day starts at 7:00 am and ends (on average) at about 8:00 pm.

What we require:

* A strong work ethic
* Willingness and ability to take and follow instuctions
* While experience on a film set is perferred, it is not required
* A general knowledge of the streets and locations of Albany, Schenectady, Niskayuna, Troy and Saratoga
* The desire to obtain what will be a life-changing experience.

If interested, please contact me at Bishop8322002@yahoo.com

Thanks.

-C-

Josh Bass
October 3rd, 2005, 11:41 PM
Anyone? Anyone?

Nick Hiltgen
October 3rd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Josh, I may be able to help you but I only have access to a Z1u.

Eric Brown
October 4th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Anyone? Anyone?

Josh, might want to hit up DVXuser if you haven't already. .

James Emory
October 5th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Josh, your post will definitely NOT make it into the Ridiculous Job Offers & Demands (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=33082) thread because you were very clear and concise about the terms. Let this be a lesson to all!!!

Spike Spiegel
October 5th, 2005, 06:56 PM
any one else need a website? about 70 percent done with Pete Mander's website found at kre8-fx.com

If you need a reference from Pete, just message him, or Pete can post here about his new website. Thanks

Pete Mander
October 6th, 2005, 12:44 AM
its coming along good..cant wait to see it all come together

Pete

Brian Duke
October 6th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Need a DP for independant feature film shot on HDV. We will provide equiptment, we just need someone who knbows how to make it look great!!

Will be shot on GY-HD100U w/ P+S Mini35 Adapter. Since this is a low to no budget project we need someone who is willing to work on price with us. The shoot will probably be 8-10 days tops. For more details please contact me here or post a message. Shoot to start at the end of November in LA area.

if you have any questions let me know.

Duke

Doug Meyer
October 7th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I'm a rookie videographer in Austin (UT area). I just purchased the JVC HD100U and need to get some more experience with it. Looking to work with other HD100U owners or DPs and do some filming. Willing to work for free until I get more experience as I have a day job. Email me at doug@dougm.com if interested.

Dave Frank
October 7th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Hey guys, I am currently about to go into production on my 2nd feature "Sleep Tight, Tiger!". It's a DV feature being shot on an XL-2 with the mini35 adapter. Unfortunately, our current boom op had to drop out because of a suddenly busy schedule so we are now looking for an operator for the production. This is a non-paying gig, but I can guarantee that it will be one hell of a time and you will get a chance to work with a lot of great people on a very interesting project.

I am not necessarily looking for someone who has been a boom op before, but just someone who has sound recording experience/knowledge. If anyone out there is interested, please contact me at: info@sleeptightmovie.com

Peace!

-David Frank
-Director

Brian Doyle
October 7th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I might be interested in learning more. I'm in NYC but if you could help with the travel and it's a project that I'm into I could even help out up grading your camera to a XL1-s. I just got a GS400 last week two if you want to shoot two camera. I have some other stuff as well. Drop me a line.