View Full Version : Helping Hands from 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Mick Isdes
July 12th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Good luck guys,
I am relocating out of state and won't be able to make it. Where I am going they have a yahoogroups for filmmakers and production poeple to meet up. I thought it was a great idea. St.Louis and Kansas City have great potential.
Mick

Michel Brewer
July 14th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I have a camera package for rent in the Santa Barbara/Ventura/SLO area. It includes the following:

CAMERA:
Canon XL1-S with 16x Manual and 16x AutoServo Lens
Century Optics W/A Adapter for Auto Lens
Tiffen Filter Set for XL1s, MA-200 Audio Adapter, Beyerdynamic Shotgun, and Anton Bauer Power System (8+ hours) with A/B Ultralight or Frezzi Mini Fill/w dimmer on cam lighting.

AUDIO:
Shure Fp-32 Mixer
Lectrosonics and Sennheiser Wireless Systems with Lav Mic/Cube
Electrovoice RE-50b, Re-10 stick mics
Sennheiser MKH-416t shotgun microphone with VDB Carbon Fibre Boom

LIGHTS:
Lowell Kit with (2) Pro lights and (1) Omni light with gels/barndoors (1) V light.
(2) Anton Bauer 30/13 Belts for DC field power for Pro lights

TRIPOD:
Bogen 3283b with 501 head and ground level spreader or/
Bogen 3182b with 501 head and mid level spreader

The Kit Rents for $400 per day and deposit, weekly discounts available
(also available for 2nd cam are PD100 or PD150 at a extra $200 per day)

Tim Durham
July 15th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Hi,
I need to find a steadicam owner/operator in the Balto/Wash area for a shoot Aug. 7-12. Please e-mail me at timjbd@yahoo.com for details. It is a PAID gig.

Thanks,
Tim J Durham

Alex Monita
July 16th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Sorry bout the delay Spike. I'll send you an e-mail with my answer soon.

-alex

Stephanie Wilson
July 17th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Hi folks,

Please contact me through this site if you have any need for a Los Angeles female videographer with 20 years of network experience and a recipient of two EMMY awards and an international documentary award.. Very glad to forward my resume. My equipment list follows. More purchases anticipated once I start making some money. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

LIGHTING
Lowel Rifa 44 soft box 250w with spare bulb
Lowel Pro-light 250w with spare bulb
1 300w max. dimmer
C-stand
light stand

AUDIO
Sennheiser 100G2 wireless lav system with spare batteries
Sony ECM-44B hard line lav with spare battery
10' XLR cable
Audio-Technica shotgun mic AT897 with foam windscreen and spare battery
Audio Technica AT8415 boom mic shock mount
K-Tek KE69CC aluminum boom with internal coiled cable 2.5' to 5.9'
Sony Digital headphones MDR-V2

TRIPOD
Bogen-Manfrotto 525 MVB tripod with 503 Pro Video Head

CAMERA
Panasonic AG-DVX100A
Panasonic Li-Ion battery approx. 1.5 hrs
Li-Ion battery approx.4.5 hrs
Battery charger Panasonic DE-852D
B+W multi-resistant 72mm clear filter

Chase Davis
July 17th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Outstanding! Where would we be able to view some of your work? Are alot of people in your line of work using Panasonic as well?

Patrick Jenkins
July 17th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Still looking?

(email on the way)

Stephanie Wilson
July 18th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Chase,

Thank you so much for your "outstanding" encouragement.

I am in the process of trying to get my multiple reel samples consolitated onto a web site. BTW: is having a link to an on-line reel the acceptible way to go now? Seems much simpler and cheaper than mailing out DVDs or videotape reels.

Thanks for your advice.

Stephanie

David Mintzer
July 18th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Chase,

Thank you so much for your "outstanding" encouragement.

I am in the process of trying to get my multiple reel samples consolitated onto a web site. BTW: is having a link to an on-line reel the acceptible way to go now? Seems much simpler and cheaper than mailing out DVDs or videotape reels.

Thanks for your advice.

Stephanie

Its fairly common these days--I get most of my work via my Internet reel.

Joel Holland
July 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Hello, I'm with a stock footage company that is trying to expand our archive greatly before an advertising blitz at the end of the summer. If you have pre-existing footage on hand that you would be willing to sell to us, or if you have a 3-chip camera and are willing to shoot for us, please contact me for more information: joelholland@footagefirm.com

What we are looking for is primarily footage of cities, countries and well known landmarks around the world. To see which cities we already have, check our site: http://www.footagefirm.com

To get an idea of our style of videography, download a few free clips from our site: http://www.footagefirm.com/footage/freeclips/index.htm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Joel Holland

Garius Hill
July 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Hi Joel,

Interesting web-site. I have (2) Sony Z1U's and live in New York. As you might know, Sony Z1U's are versatile and can shoot, HDV, DVcam in NTSC and PAL. I have quite a lot of footage of the City and I am also available to shoot any custom footage you might require.

Please feel free to Email me if you need anything or have questions,

Regards,
Garius Hill
garius@musecycle.com

Dan Diaconu
July 18th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Joel,
you can add Vancouver, Whistler, Deep Cove, Horseshoe Bay, Capilano suspension bridge to the list.

Tom Elliott
July 18th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Joel,
Also please add Miami, Florida. I have a Canon GL2 and I am used to working with Art Directors, and Film Directors.
Yours,
Tom Elliott

Nathan Chaszeyka
July 18th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I would be happy to provide more Vegas footage. If you need any in the future please feel free to contact me.

Chris Davis
July 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM
If you want corn fields and cows and grizzled old farmers bailing hay, I'm your man! LOL.

Patrick Moreau
July 19th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Hello

I've had a couple cancellations with our videographers and I'm wondering if anybody on here is in the Ontario area with full equipment, both video and a wireless mic, and available August 13th of next month?

Let me know if you may be interested.

Brandt Wilson
July 19th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I have (10) 30 min beta SP tapes I need to transfer to a PC via component, then out to a RAID via firewire. I'm in Portland, OR.

Does anyone have a setup they wouldn't mind renting time on ?

Thanks!

Lewis Lehman
July 20th, 2005, 12:34 AM
great idea. Don't hesitate to contact me.

lewis

Jonathan Jones
July 20th, 2005, 10:45 AM
As indicated in his profile, Joel is a 'new boot', and this thread is his only posting. It might be safe to assume, kind folks, that your responses in this thread are not being read by Joel, as he is probably not frequenting this forum other than dropping in to start the ball rolling - as he did. Rather than post responses in hope for negotiating with his company, I would recommend responding directly to Joel via the email address he included in his post. It seems to be what his intention was.
-Jon

Tom Elliott
July 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I did just that and have yet to hear from him.
Yours,
Tom

Jonathan Jones
July 20th, 2005, 12:43 PM
As did I, but it may be awhile...or not at all, depending on the needs of the company. I think a good stock company likes to hedge their bets for potential expansion. A cursory review of their site indicates that they are pretty well stocked, but might want some additional styles or locations that other sites are not offering.

When emailing Joel (or any other stock company) be sure to indicate what you shoot with, as well as some specifics about your location. Maybe even a little bit about your previous experience (although I think I forgot to do that.) This will help the company decide whether or not you can offer a competitive product that they will be able to package and resell. It is a competitive business, but there is a great need for good stock videography, especially in budget conscious productions, location segues for television series, newsclip backgrounds, specialty productions for cable networks such as the History Channel, etc...

A good stock company is a valuable resource, but their goal is not necessarily to pay you to shoot footage, but rather to pay you appropriately to shoot footage they can sell. Personally, I would love to have a gig like this.
-Jon

Devin Eskew
July 21st, 2005, 03:27 AM
Would love to help, but CO is a little out of your way. Have you tried Portland State? Last I remember the Vikings had a good A/V department, otherwise it sounds kind of weird but Omsi my still have some older equipment. Just some thoughts.

Brandt Wilson
July 21st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks Devin. I hadn't thought of OMSI. That might be worth checking out. I have calls into the local public access stations. PSU's an interesting option...I think the athletic department owns the video suite...not sure. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Matt Gettemeier
July 21st, 2005, 11:04 PM
So what's the deal everybody?

Is anyone up for a Zombie movie which needs to be DONE by August 31?

First prize is a Panny anamorphic adapter (mine!) and Sony Vegas, Me66/K6, and some other stuff (all yours)...

Nathan Chaszeyka
July 22nd, 2005, 07:18 PM
Hello all!

I have recently completed the Apple Pro Training for Final Cut and I am looking to get my foot in the door and get some real work experience. I am located in Las Vegas, and am happy working from a distance. I am excellent at working without supervision and determined to provide my best work with every project.

I'm eager to take on any and all projects at a negotiable rate of $12hr.

If you are interested in finding out more about my experience, please visit my resume at http://homepage.mac.com/nathan_chaszeyka/Resume1.html.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Chase Davis
July 23rd, 2005, 02:32 AM
I'm trying to keep a portfolio together on my website. If I ever make a DVD, I figure I can pretty much copy my webpage setup.

Greg Boston
July 23rd, 2005, 09:21 AM
Might be helpful Stephanie if you made your email active here on the forum so folks can contact you. Due to the way the system works, your email won't be available for harvestbots to get hold of.

Just a thought.

=gb=

Stephanie Wilson
July 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Hi folks,

Please contact me through this site if you have any need for a Los Angeles female videographer with 20 years of network experience and a recipient of two EMMY awards and an international documentary award.. Very glad to forward my resume. My equipment list follows. More purchases anticipated once I start making some money. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

LIGHTING
Lowel Rifa 44 soft box 250w with spare bulb
Lowel Pro-light 250w with spare bulb
1 300w max. dimmer
C-stand
light stand

AUDIO
Sennheiser 100G2 wireless lav system with spare batteries
Sony ECM-44B hard line lav with spare battery
10' XLR cable
Audio-Technica shotgun mic AT897 with foam windscreen and spare battery
Audio Technica AT8415 boom mic shock mount
K-Tek KE69CC aluminum boom with internal coiled cable 2.5' to 5.9'
Sony Digital headphones MDR-V2

TRIPOD
Bogen-Manfrotto 525 MVB tripod with 503 Pro Video Head

CAMERA
Panasonic AG-DVX100A
Panasonic Li-Ion battery approx. 1.5 hrs
Li-Ion battery approx.4.5 hrs
Battery charger Panasonic DE-852D
B+W multi-resistant 72mm clear filter

Don Donatello
July 23rd, 2005, 03:27 PM
you might check with a sales/distributer that handles decklink/aja type cards to see who in the portland area has them - then contact those places to see if they will transfer the beta's or just call up production/editing houses ... also you might contact "downstream" to see what they charge ? or try Vinton studio's or other animation houses ..i'm pretty sure they all have a way to get i/o to beta/digibeta ....

Bill Rankin
July 23rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
I have been working as a videographer on the side for the past 18 months in the Houston area and am seeking others in the area to exchange ideas, assist in shooting weddings, etc.

email: billrankin@aol.com

Pete Bauer
July 23rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Hi Bill and welcome! DVinfo has a number of members in the Houston area...stick around here and you'll meet 'em soon. I'm pretty busy with my day job right now (out of town presently) but hoping to set up a meet-n-greet in a month or two.

Tim Durham
July 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Hey,
This gig is filled. Thanks

Tim

Bill Rankin
July 25th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I look forward to hearing from you.

Also, did you know there is an organization in Houston called "Houston Professional Videographers Assn"?

Fresnel Phan
July 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I'd be interested in a meet up of Houston area people. I'm doing the freelancing/production thing as a full time job now. I'd love to collaborate and work on some projects.

Pete Mander
July 26th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Please contact me at pmander@cogeco.ca if you are still interested in the shoot dates.

i have lost some emails due to a PC crash since that last post was made here. so if you could get back to me asap for August and september dates.

Thanks

Pete

Brent Marks
July 27th, 2005, 03:59 AM
I just left Houston after 5.5 years... I am in New Orleans now.

I do make it back to Houston frequently though.

Brent Marks
July 27th, 2005, 04:01 AM
I am in New Orleans if you need anything... let me know...

resmedia /at/ gmail.com

Tom Elliott
July 27th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Got an answer and he will be contacting me, if and when needed.

Richard Alvarez
July 27th, 2005, 07:30 AM
I'm a native Houstonian who now resides in San Mateo, CA... so I won't be able to make it into any meetings. I am however, the "West Coast" rep for Nu-Classicfilms and Roadster Productions in Houston. I know from talking to my partner there, that things are still pretty tight for professional companies. Check out "Only In Houston" for local production companies.
www.onlyinhouston.com

Matt Trubac
July 28th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Looking for some help on upcoming weddings in Michigan. Lansing and Detroit areas.

August 13
--------------

Ceremony: Fowlerville
Reception: Lansing

September 10
--------------

Ceremony: Farmington Hills
Reception: Sterling Heights

Shoot with DVX-100a in manual mode.

If you are interested I would like to meet and see some of your past work.
Studio is located in Holt, MI.

Thank You,

Matt Trubac
TruVision Studios
Phone: (517) 282-2915
http://www.TruVisionStudios.com
Matt@TruVisionStudios.com

Eniola Akintoye
July 29th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Well, in case they need a Cinematographer, good with Sony Vegas 6 and AP. Please do not hesitate to send me a PM.
I reside in Duluth, GA.
Thanks.

Joe Curcuru
July 30th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Hi I am new to tthe board. My name is Joe Curcuru and I am in St Louis MO.
I would like to get together with anyone who is interested in making some films. I have some projects I am currently writing and I would love to lend a helping hand on any project. Send me an email a just_joe_curu1@yahoo.com.

Joe Curcuru
July 30th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Sci Fi and Horror are two of my favorite genres. I am up for a zombie movie
and I am currently writing a short that I would like to turn into a film.
My name is Joe and I am here in st louis just send me an email and we can try to but something together. Email is Just_joe_curu1@yahoo.com

Rob Tiffin
July 31st, 2005, 02:45 PM
We will be shooting a feature film from Sept. 1st - Sept. 25th North of Atlanta. I need a DOP/cameraman as well as someone to record sound. It will be mainly nights and weekends. We do not have much money, so it will probably be a deferred job. I am open to discussing payment though, if you have your own equipment and seem like the person for the job. Larry Holden will be in the film, he was in Batman Begins, Insomnia, and Memento. He is also a filmmaker. e-mail me at robtiffinmovie@gmail.com for more info.

Joshua Starnes
July 31st, 2005, 05:18 PM
I'm a Houstonian videographer. I live in Spring, shoot on my venerable XL-1, with a flowpod and small jib availalbe if needed (and depending on how important sound is for the event, mixer and assortment of mics and booms). I've done a small number of weddings, music videos, industrial films, and the odd independent (read: worked for free) film.

E-mail me off list and let's talk.

Joe Curcuru
July 31st, 2005, 10:45 PM
Send an email my way if you want to start putting some ideas together.
Just new to the board and trying to get something going email me at just_joe_curu1@yahoo.com.

Joe Curcuru
July 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM
Send an email my way if you want to start putting some ideas together.
Just new to the board and trying to get something going email me at just_joe_curu1@yahoo.com.

Quinn OConnell
August 1st, 2005, 02:41 AM
Camera Operator/Photographer avaliable for Film/Shoot Projects.(London, UK)

Will consider anything , shorts (with budget) ,student shorts, wedding shoots (Video/Stills)., music video.
A few years experience in shooting and editing having shot many short music videos, surf films and skate montages. But basically looking to help out and get involved with some new ideas, will prefer paid work but open to anything - sell me the pitch and who knows.

Equipment:

Stills:
Canon 350D DSLR
Minolta 505Si SLR
Lomograph LCA
Polaroid 600 extreme

Video:
Canon XM2 3CCD Camcorder
Panasonic NVMX7 Mega Pixel Camcorder - with Tele & Fish eye adaptors
Canon Super 8mm Cine Camera
Super 8mm Projector and Splicer

Rode Videomic - High End Zoom Microphone
Audio Technica ATR-55 Shotgun Mic
Sony R700 MiniDisc for separate high end audio recordings

Manfrotto 55CLB Tripod with 128 RC Fluid Head
Slik U900 Fluid Tripod

Edit:
Apple Powerbook 17 inch 1Gig G4
1 gig Ram
250 Gig Ex-HD
Final Cut Pro 4
Soundtrack
Compresser etc.
iMovie HD etc ( I Life)

So let me know if you need someone to help out.

Cheers

Quinn O'Connell

Cleveland Brown
August 1st, 2005, 06:20 AM
Matt,

How did the zombie thing go? Sorry I have not been on the board in a while, I have been pretty busy with school and work. I think I got something about the zombie thing on the wire.
Had to take a day job because like you said there is not much out here in the way of paying gigs. I am with you in that I aim to one day play a role in changing that.
I am studying the business aspect of things because I am beginning to see that there is a reason there are so many names on the credits of feature films and that it takes a budget to pay for those names. You can't expect 500 people to help you for reel credits. Especially the ones with the real talent. They are going to be to busy on stuff they get paid for.

Joe, it's good to see you got one the board, what was the issue you were having?

Stephen Schleicher
August 1st, 2005, 08:51 AM
Is it film or video?

If you need cheap crew members, contact Rob Albertson at the Art Institute (in buckhead), he may have some advanced video students who may be able to help.

You can also check with Steve Paniyoto of On-Line productions (formerly The Off-line edit suite). He has his own video gear and has done work (shooting) on several films that filmed in the Atlanta region.

Finally, if it is a video project, contact the Atlanta Chapter of the Media Communications Association (formerly ITVA). When I lived in Atlanta ITVA was a huge organization of professionals and we used to crank out some really wonderful stuff. Their resource guide is an excellent starting point for camera, crew, and production assistants.

Hope that helps

Cheers