View Full Version : Today we're seven

Chris Hurd
September 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM
For those who find significance in this sort of thing, this message
board was launched seven years ago today, on Sept. 5th of 2001.

Chris Barcellos
September 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Congratuations Chris on a super site !!

Lorinda Norton
September 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Wow! Happy Birthday, DV Info! :)

I’m resisting the urge to talk about the old days—the site was so different then! But very, very cool and very much THE place to get information. Bet I’d laugh if I went back and read some of our cutting edge conversations. :)

I miss guys like Ken Tanaka. I know he retired from his wrangler duties but thought maybe he’d come back when the “Still Crazy” forum was brought to the board.

Gosh, Chris, did you ever think it would grow to be what it is now? For my part, because of you I’ve gained some GREAT friends, have learned so much, and have been given opportunities to have many of the most fun/adventurous times of my life. Thank you.

Josh Bass
September 5th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Lame Bass Quip Time:

You don't look a day over six. Ha!

Richard Alvarez
September 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Wow. Congrats on a job well done. This is a remarkable forum. I remark on it often to other filmmakers and on other boards.

Kudos.

(Or whatever your favorite candy bar is these days...)

Don Bloom
September 5th, 2008, 09:12 PM
WOW! 7 years. Well congrats and happy birthday ;-)

Ken Tanaka. there's a name I haven't heard for a while. Good guy. Many others as well but names slip away.

anyway great site-great job Chris.

Don

Bill Busby
September 5th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Happy Bday!

Mathieu Ghekiere
September 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Happy Birthday!

Graham Bernard
September 6th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Happy B-day for yesterday.

Just proves what others have said about me - I WAS born yesterday - 4th Sept!

Chris, great set of forums. I have learnt loads and loads . . .

Graham "Grazie" Bernard

Trond Saetre
September 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM
A day late, but happy b-day DVInfo!
Thank you Chris for the best forum ever!!
I have been here for years, checking in almost daily, and have learned so much!

Ruth Happel
September 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks so much for all the years of information. I have learned so much from this site- here's to the next 7 years!

Ruth

Bill Ravens
September 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Happy Birthday, Chris!

Richard Gooderick
September 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Chris
Happy Birthday.
You've created a really good place on the web.

Boyd Ostroff
September 6th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Happy birthday to us! And here's what it looked like shortly afterwards, courtesy of the WayBack Machine at archive.org: DVinfo.Net Community (http://web.archive.org/web/20011021051029/www.dvinfo.net/conf/)

Ray Bell
September 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
How time flies....

happy B day :-)

Jacob Mason
September 6th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Happy Birthday

Jonathan Jones
September 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Wow, sorry I'm a couple days late....but happy birthday anyway, DVi. Sorry, I didn't get you anything. But I hope you saved me some cake.

-Jon

Dean Sensui
September 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Chris...

Congratulations on 7 years of sharing! Your site has proven to be a valuable source of good information since the beginning.

Aloha,

Alister Chapman
September 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the site Chris and thanks to all the mods for the no-nonsense moderating that helps keep everything so civilized.

Alexandre Guinefort
September 12th, 2008, 09:34 AM
i don't post much but sincerly
happy birthday !! and all the best for the future.
Bravo !!

Vasco Dones
September 12th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Congrats, Chris, and
thank you so much!

Vasco

David Knaggs
September 12th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Congratulations (and a belated Happy Birthday!) to Chris and all of the moderators who make this wonderful forum the only place I want to come to and share my DV info.

Craig Yanagi
September 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Very belated best B-day wishes, Chris. To echo Toby Keith, I love this site. Many, many happy returns.

Sincerely,
Craig

Aldric Bailey
September 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Happy Birthday guys...

Man this is sooooooo cool...

niceness...

cake and ice cream...

ah... the charms of being a Virgo...

To many many more guys!

Bob Safay
September 17th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Wow, has it been that long? What a great bunch of "Friends" I have mage on this site. Chris, thank you so much. Bob

John Lofton IV
September 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Congrats! This is the best forum for digital video info on the web!!

Rick Lutec
September 18th, 2008, 02:58 PM
From a person who has spent a lot of time here learning so much from others and yet to reply on the many great topics that this site offers I definitely would like to wish DV info a very, very Happy Birthday.
This is truly one of the most smartest, knowledgeable, well organized, efficient amazing seven year olds that I've ever known.
Then again why should I be surprised, it's a Virgo.
All Zee Best DV info !!!

Scott Anderson
September 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
This is still the friendliest, most level-headed site I visit on a regular basis.

Not only is there a sense of community and respectfulness here, but this place is an invaluable resource.

I really don't know how you avoid the toxic silliness that permeates most message boards, but my hats off to you - this place truly sets the bar!

Martin Labelle
September 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you for being a nice habit in my life.
For learning me so much, for probably much more things.
And even for saving me money, by putting doubt in the thing I had to buy.
I wish you many more birthday.

Dylan Couper
September 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeehaw! Dvinfo Rulezzz!

Robert Martens
September 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Took me a little while, but I finally noticed this thread and stopped in to say congratulations! Passed my five year anniversary in June; never knew when the site was first formed. Hard to believe that much time has gone by.

This is still the friendliest, most level-headed site I visit on a regular basis.

Not only is there a sense of community and respectfulness here, but this place is an invaluable resource.

I really don't know how you avoid the toxic silliness that permeates most message boards, but my hats off to you - this place truly sets the bar!

You said it all for me, Scott, it doesn't get much better than this. I'm ashamed to say I used to be part of that toxic silliness myself, but proud to find that hanging around here has polished me up a bit.

The internet makes you stupid, but DVI brings you right back.

Chris Hurd
September 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks a ton for all of the wonderful sentiments, folks... the idea behind the site was (and still is) simply to give the internet a good name. The subject matter didn't have to be digital video; it could have been lawn mowers, sewing machines or garden care -- the concept of how this place operates would have remained the same. Much appreciation and respect to all those who get what we're all about here: that it's not at all the "typical" internet experience. Thanks again,

Jeff Harper
October 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I have to chime in, there is nothing quite like this site, I depend totally on it. Thank you so much, Chris.

Vinny Flood
October 10th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Though still a child in DVi terms, I have to say this place is like a calm oasis in comparison to most forums and I'm incredibly grateful for the help I've had over the last year (it took me a while to start posting).

Mark Sasahara
October 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Err, a bit late, but nevertheless,

Happy 5th!

Nice place you've got here.

Cheers!