View Full Version : Looking for SONY VCL-HG0373C Lens hood

Cliff Etzel
July 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Just replaced my Century Optics .55 w/a lens adapter with the SONY VCL-HG0373C lens and wanted to find out about if there are ANY lens hoods available for this lens.

I've read that someone had adapted a Cavision hood someplace here but can't seem to get a clear answer on the process of adapting the lens hood to fit the lens.

Anyone have a solution for this - I find it odd SONY hasn't made a hood to fit this lens.

James Harring
July 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I've got the "y" version of this lens, but the cavision site says my hood is not for you.

However, if you can find the right hood, I had issues with it sliding off. I pretty much fixed the problem by !!carefully!! drilling a little notch in the front outside edge of the lens barrel. Doesn't have to be deep. I putthe screw thread into that notch and it seems to stay on much better.

Also hindsight being 20-20, I guess I could have put some self adhesive Velcro along a short area of one side. But it holds on much better since I did the minor drilling.

Les Biffle
July 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Anyone have a solution for this - I find it odd SONY hasn't made a hood to fit this lens.

I just posted my solution for this to the lens cap thread: http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=901264

Andy Wilkinson
July 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM
I guess I could have put some self adhesive Velcro along a short area of one side. But it holds on much better since I did the minor drilling.

That's exactly what I did - posted about it on here about 6 months ago - can't find the link right now as busy but it works well!