View Full Version : 8GB memory Stick Duo?

Peter Durso
July 7th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Has anyone had experience with this item?

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-8gb-video-hd-memory-stick-pro-duo/q/loc/101/206867841.html

What is the difference between this item and other memory stick variations?

Also, I have heard that my HC-9 may not be able to handle an 8 GB stick anyway.... is this true?

My manual seems to be very sketchy in describing the Memory Stick capabilities of the HC-9...
Is the video quality from a memory stick viable for reasonable (NOT web quality) capture of ad-hoc video without using tape - or is it merely a "quick grab" ala youtube/ webcam/TMZ style digital nastiness tool?

Thanks!
Pete D.

Dave Blackhurst
July 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM
OK, first, I think you're a bit confused - the HC9 can ONLY record video to tape - the MS duo is ONLY for stills, making an 8GB stick rather serious overkill...

That out of the way, I can't say for sure, but the 8GB is likely to be compatible, and Sandisk products have been reliable for me. Just beware the knockoff... haven't seen Sandisk knockoffs YET, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Peter Durso
July 8th, 2008, 06:35 AM
OK, first, I think you're a bit confused - the HC9 can ONLY record video to tape - the MS duo is ONLY for stills, making an 8GB stick rather serious overkill...

That out of the way, I can't say for sure, but the 8GB is likely to be compatible, and Sandisk products have been reliable for me. Just beware the knockoff... haven't seen Sandisk knockoffs YET, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for setting me straight on this sissue......... My old Digital8 camcorder recorded both stills and video to the stick, I just assumed the HC9 did the same.... big difference....

Thanks again!!
Pete D