View Full Version : Wide angle for HC1

Michael Krawchuk
June 10th, 2008, 05:57 PM
What would be the best wide angle lens for the Sony HDR-HC1 ? I'm considering the Raynox HD7000pro from B&H photo, but it's out of stock. I really don't know that much about WA lenses. are there any others that i should look at before going with the Raynox?

Wacharapong Chiowanich
June 11th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Get the Sony's 0.7X W/A, VCL-HG0737C if I remember it correctly. You won't be disappointed with the quality and need not spend more on other alternatives unless you want it wider than 0.7X. See the other thread on Sony W/As under the A1 and HC series subject.

Best Wacharapong

Martin Labelle
June 15th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I use the 0737y, its a little bit heavy but it does a nice weight balance on the camera(A1u)
when the biggest battery is attached. There is not much deformation or light loss and its very sharp from center to edge. but think to buy a lens shade(me I have not buy after 2years but I will do next week) .also this lens is very sensitive to rain and stain like finger or dust, you need to carry a soft cloth all the time because its get dirt during shooting. lens pen don't cover enough since this lens is very big(frontal element) and it leave cleaning marks.For cleaning I use the white tissue bag that came with my camera.
Now I also own a .3 raynox hd, very small and efficient, but just for some situation and not long shooting because the 0737 is still my prime wide angle.

Dave Blackhurst
June 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
IF you can find one, the HG0737Y is a great lens... BIG, HEAVY, and a beast, but very good image quality w/ almost no barelling (hard to find in any WA from what I've seen), and it's just crisp and sharp.

Problem is finding one - out of production for a while now, but worth the hunt if you don't mind the size/weight. I keep one around for when I want the highest image quality, but I also have the HG0737C when I don't want the weight... it's currently available, and not bad.

Darin Boville
June 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM
The Sony wide angle doesn't seem tp be in stock anywhere--anyone know where they are hiding at? Or is their something new out?

--Darin

Update: Nevermind--I just ordered the "Y" version per the other thread...thanks...

Cliff Etzel
June 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM
B&H just got the C version back in stock and I ordered one - anyone know which w/a lens hood will fit the Sony VCL-HG0737C?