View Full Version : XDCAM EX + Blackmagic Intensity?

Devin Termini
April 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
My plan is to work with XDCAM EX footage in Premiere Pro CS3 for several upcoming projects. I need a product that will allow me to preview the footage from the timeline to a HDTV. Does anyone know if the Intensity will accomplish this? Are there any other products under $500 that do this? Since I'll be outputting to Blu-Ray I have no need for a product with deck control, SDI, capturing, etc. I will only be using this product for monitoring.

Thanks.

David Lorente
April 25th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I have not the Intensity neither the Premiere pro, but I have been using the Multibridge with Final Cut and I'm quite happy with it.

We have it connected to a 52" Sony Bravia (what else?) W3000 series, and the 1080P footage from the EX1 just looks amazing.

I have seen the specs of the Intensity, and it seems to feature the same basic functions as the Multibridge, so I think it would work ok for you.

PS what are you going to use to author Blu-ray discs? We're waiting until the dust settles after what can be called "the 2000's format wars" (cause there was the 70's one with something they called videocassettes, remember?), and the choice of hardware and software is still expensive and limited, as well as the spreading of the Blu-ray system (too few players out there to worry about, and still not any TV station broadcasting in HD here in Spain, so there's still not a great interest in HD from the population).

Benjamin Eckstein
April 25th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I have the Intensity Pro with a MacPro and FCP and it works more or less as it should. I may get the MXO2 though if that is all it seems to be. But the Intensity is a lower cost option that takes care of analog or HDMI HD monitoring.

B