View Full Version : Urgent. mike needed.

Tom Honey
March 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I have a job filming some interviews next week i have never filmed interviews before.

my main concern is audio. i am in a remote town with only a source by circuit city and a radio shack is there any type of mic that would be better than onboard audio i could get from there?

Adam Gold
March 20th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Sure. Radio Shack has some very nice wired lavaliers for about $20, as I recall. A couple of these and a mono-to-stereo "Y" adapter and you're set. Maybe they were $40 each. I bought two, so can't remember if it was $40 for one or two.

The ones I bought from there have fairly short cords, so I got an extension as well.

This audio will blow away the onboard mic, which should really never be used if you can avoid it, except for ambient noise.

Tom Honey
March 21st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Nice great advice. will go check it out today. thanks.

Adam Gold
March 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
Found the box... it's called the Hands-Free Tie-Clip Omnidirectional Electret Model: 33-3013.

Website says it's about $25 and may be available in local stores.

Tom Honey
March 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
nice thanks.

Tom Honey
March 23rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
checked radio shack and every camer shop in town. no luck

so anyone got a good supplier online in canada that will ship a cheap lavalier mic next day.

Steve House
March 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
checked radio shack and every camer shop in town. no luck

so anyone got a good supplier online in canada that will ship a cheap lavalier mic next day.

I can vouch for a very reliable professional supplier here in Toronto, Trew Audio, but I doubt they'll fit your definition of cheap. Serious professional audio dealers are usually quite a bit more expensive than Radio Shack and decent lav mics will run a couple of hundred dollars up - in audio, as elsewhere, you get what you pay for. But you can check out their website, www.trewaudio.ca, and see if they have something like what you need.

Justin Zimmerman
March 30th, 2008, 11:14 AM
K6 series from sekonic.

different heads for different needs. affordable.