View Full Version : Wireless lavelier mic for HC9?

Antonie Koen
March 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I am considering doing a few interviews with the Sony HC9 and was wondering if a wireless lav mic would work with the HC9. And also, are there any other setups I should consider?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Dave Blackhurst
March 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Should work fine, just plug the reciever into the mic input.

Take a look at the HW1 bluetooth mic that connects at the AiShoe - not a bad setup, although the mic and transmitter are all one small unit, so could be a challenge if you require the tiny lav type mic - I've considered modding the reciever to take an external mic, but it's so small, there's no room for a jack! It's comparable quality to any comparably priced VHF wireless, and so far I've had no interference issues and have tested two simultaneously sucessfully.

Cliff Etzel
March 31st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Dave - what kind of audio quality are you getting from the bluetooth mic?

Dave Blackhurst
March 31st, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hi Cliff - it seems adequate to me, comparable to any of the basic lavs I've used along the way. Haven't run extensive tests, but I've used it on several ocaisions and been happy with the results just hanging it on the included lanyard with active kids - got clear "you're right there in the middle of the action" results. For the size and $ it's a viable option for run and gun and stuff where you have limited setup times.

Lynne Whelden
April 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM
The only thing I don't like about the Sony Bluetooth mic that plugs into the shoe is that it's lacking in bass response. Sounds downright tinny but only if you compare it to good audio. Otherwise you don't exactly know what you're missing.