View Full Version : Cleaning my Tripod

Joe Sonnenburg
October 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I was recently covering the fires out here in Southern California and my tripod got a little dirty/ashy. I want to clean my tripod but I wasn't sure if there were dos and don'ts about cleaning the tripod. By the way, the legs are Manfrotto 351MVB2 with a 503 head. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

Chris Soucy
October 30th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Well, as no one else has stepped in, I'll give it a shot.

Legs: No problem. A bit of soapy water to get the muck off, a good rinse with clean water, job done.

Head: Practically the same, just don't work the soapy water into the moving parts if it can be helped. Clean water, job done.

Suppose it begs the question: How did you get clean?

CS

PS. It stopped burning yet? Seems to be the 4th year in a row California has erupted in flames, can there be anything left to burn?

Joe Sonnenburg
October 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM
That is what I thought but I just wanted to be sure before I started on it. I'd hate to kill a tripod by cleaning it.

The fire has stopped burning for the most part. I think there are still a couple areas where it is still going but it is pretty much contained. Gotta tell you though, covering the fire was pretty exciting. The firemen sure know what they're doing. Anyways, Thanks again,

Joe