View Full Version : Bubble level replacement for Bogen 3033???

Brett OBourke
August 29th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I bought a used Bogen 3033 off Ebay and the level is busted. Am not so happy about that.

There is an identical size, threaded hole next to level, with nothing in it. This makes me think these things might be replaceable. Is that right? What should one pay for such a thing, were it to be available?

Should I have an operational level in each hole?

Obviously, I'm a little green here, so use small understandable words, if you'd be so kind.

B

Greg Boston
August 29th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Best advice is to contact Bogen directly. They will have some replacement parts, and the level may be one of them. I won't swear to it, but I believe the bubble level is glued in place. I have a Bogen that had an inaccurate level (verified with a stan alone torpedo level). I used a rubber mallet to gently tap the level until it agreed with the torpedo level. I then put a couple drops of super glue on the circumference to keep it there. It's been accurate ever since.

Anyway, I know that won't help you with a busted level, but do contact the manufacturer. They'll be able to tell you if you can get one, and how to replace it.

-gb-

Steven Davis
August 29th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Best advice is to contact Bogen directly. They will have some replacement parts, and the level may be one of them. I won't swear to it, but I believe the bubble level is glued in place. I have a Bogen that had an inaccurate level (verified with a stan alone torpedo level). I used a rubber mallet to gently tap the level until it agreed with the torpedo level. I then put a couple drops of super glue on the circumference to keep it there. It's been accurate ever since.

Anyway, I know that won't help you with a busted level, but do contact the manufacturer. They'll be able to tell you if you can get one, and how to replace it.

-gb-

Recently I busted my 501 head, the folks at Bogen were excellent in geting me my part. Like the Greg said, save yourself some headaches, just call Bogen.