FX6: 120 fps with Sony 200-600mm lens at Cape Ann, MA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems

Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems
Sony F65, PMW-F55 / F5, PMW-F3, NEX-FS700, NEX-FS100 (CineAlta) and PXW-FS7 / FS5 (XDCAM)

Old August 12th, 2021, 07:04 AM   #1
Vortex Media

FX6: 120 fps with Sony 200-600mm lens at Cape Ann, MA

Here's some more test footage from the FX6 and 200-400mm. Killing two birds with one stone -- lens testing and stock footage acquisition.

XAVC-I 4K
24p @ 120 fps S&Q Motion
S-LOG3 Graded in DaVinci Resolve Studio

Old August 17th, 2021, 11:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: FX6: 120 fps with Sony 200-600mm lens at Cape Ann, MA

Lovely footage, Doug. That's a sharp lens indeed. I'm guessing haze plays a big role when you're fully zoomed in, which makes those shots all the more impressive. You did get a salty look straight to the lens at 1:39. Good thing you were 1/2 mile away.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Vortex Media

Re: FX6: 120 fps with Sony 200-600mm lens at Cape Ann, MA

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't even see the fisherman's look until later in post. Obviously, he knew the camera was aimed right at him, but I was turned away and pretending to be looking at something on my phone, so I don't think he knew I was rolling. When I figured the shot was done, I re-aimed the camera at something else before looking through the viewfinder without ever making eye contact with him. People can never be sure exactly what I'm doing. The key is to never make eye contact. Also, one of the best things about shooting at 120 fps is that I only need to roll for 4 seconds to get a 20 second clip.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems