Analog to SDI converters & Deinterlacing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old June 24th, 2021, 10:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Analog to SDI converters & Deinterlacing

Hi Everyone,

Currently I have a couple of older cameras for live streaming.

Sony HVR-Z1U
Sony PMW-EX1 (non-functional SDI output)

Both of these cameras output via component. I currently have a BMD mini converter analog to SDI converter and will need another converter for the second camera. Are there any better converters out there for similar price? The Blackmagic converters have a max output of 1080i. Is this a limitation of HD over component or the converter?

Also, is it better to deinterlace with the streaming software or best to use another scan converter for each camera. Are there any converters that do analog to SDI and convert the resolution as well.

Alternative would be to just sell both and get a couple of handycams.

Thanks
m

Last edited by Mark Chafe; June 24th, 2021 at 04:31 PM.
Mark Chafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2021, 09:59 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Analog to SDI converters & Deinterlacing

Intelligent sensing of the need to de-interlace is one of the things you pay for with the better stream encoding equipment, in addition to both up-scalers and down-scalers.

Why not use the HDMI output from the EX1 to get the data out in a clean digital format? By reports it works well.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2021, 04:07 AM   #3
Wrangler

What am I missing here? The EX1 doesn't have HDMI output.... or at least mine doesn't! Only component and SDI.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2021, 09:14 AM   #4
Equal Opportunity Offender

Ahh, it must be the EX1R that has the HDMI connection. It definitely gets talked about on this forum here: https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xd...bit-10bit.html

I've taken a look through an EX1 manual available online and there is no mention of a HDMI port for the camera. Such a shame.

I must admit ... if there was a HDMI port on your EX1 all this time and you had never noticed it, that would have been a truly epic moment.

Okay, back to your problem as it was.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition