Old JVC HD10U - Any fix for hot pixels? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 16th, 2022, 02:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Old JVC HD10U - Any fix for hot pixels?

Hi, everybody, I happened upon a JVC HD10U and picked it up for fun and nostalgia and while it doesn't seem too bad aside from the quirks of "shutter speed OR aperture" and tricky manual focus, I noticed that it had some unfortunate hot pixels. They seem to disappear when I crank up the shutter speed but they're colorful and not straight white like I have experienced on my old Canon GL1, so I assume they're just hot or stuck pixels. Is there any kind of hidden service menu fix or other method to fix these? For toying around it's functional but if I can help it, I'd like to fix the problem if possible. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old November 16th, 2022, 06:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Old JVC HD10U - Any fix for hot pixels?

Hi,
There is a description for other JVC camcorders, may be it also works with yours.

Joachim

"On the GY-HD110U/GY-HD200/GY-HD250 series cameras this process is provided in an advanced Menu accessed while in 24p mode. You must be in 24p mode for this operation: Hold the Focus Assist button (the one on the camera body) simultaneously with the Menu/Status button for at least 5 seconds.

You will see an advanced menu where the second line says CAMERA1. Move the cursor down and push the shutter wheel to enter that menu. Now you see a list with the sixth item being PIXEL COMPEN. Move down to it and select that item. The word CANCEL blinks. Change it to EXECUTE and push again. It takes about 10 seconds or so to perform the operation then it tells you to power off the camera. You are done. Make sure Focus Assist is now OFF and exit 24p mode if desired.

NOTE: This works best on a camera that is warm. We advise turning the camera on and let it sit for ½ hour or so before doing this operation. You can even wrap it in a blanket. It may be necessary to perform the procedure more than once. This works for all the ProHD JVC cameras."
Joachim Claus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems