DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old August 28th, 2020, 01:45 PM   #1
Tourist

Software &/or Plug-ins Question

Hello,

I'm currently upgrading to Catalina, FCPX 10.3.4 (from 10.1.4), adding 2 super graphic cards & also adding RAM from 24 GB on my 5.1 Mac Pro.

I'd like to know what is the best plug-in OR software for a beginner to delve into video effects?

I also would like to know if anyone could tell me the way to achieve the effects in the video excerpt I linked from my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vh...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you~!
Jim Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2020, 01:41 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Software &/or Plug-ins Question

Hi Jim,

And welcome aboard!
With regard to the first question,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Austin View Post
I'd like to know what is the best plug-in OR software for a beginner to delve into video effects?
In my case, I've been using Motion. Haven't used it much lately due to other things I've been working on, but a while back I was reading and learning about it a lot. It's one of those things that "If you don't use it, you loose it", and I've "lost" a lot of it. Really should get back into it again. My main use for it was with titles in order to have something more creative as compared to the standard options normally available.

Quote:
Learning Motion is an effort because there is sooo much to learn. Started out with on-line You tube stuff but the book "How To Cheat In Motion" really got the juices going with ideas. There have been many updates of Motion since then so what one learns has to be updated. Have no idea how much of the book can be applied to the current Motion version, but for back then it really helped with ideas.

Everybody has a different approach to learning so it is a "To each his own" thing. On-line tutorials are good, especially if one can find a presenter that you like, but for me, a book is a good reference. My FCP X book is really out of date now.

Quote:
I also would like to know if anyone could tell me the way to achieve the effects in the video excerpt I linked from my Google Drive:
Link didn't open for me so couldn't comment.
Hope this helps some.
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X