Bullitt Remake with Brad Pitt? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old October 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Trustee

Bullitt Remake with Brad Pitt?

Is it my own fan loyalty to the King of Cool which thinks that a Brad Pitt Bullitt remake would be a colossal waste of celluloid? Can any actor emulate Steve McQueen's screen presence? Hollywood tried a Getaway remake with Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin which flopped.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 03:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Yes another waste. Did you ever see this?

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html

Read the last par.
Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Several years ago Chad McQueen (that's Steve's son) made a movie called Redline about a car thief. Very B-movie as most of Chad's films are. In one scene he drives the 68 Mustang his dad drove .. really, the only interesting thing about the film (excpet the fact that while making the movie co-star Jan Michael Vincent got into a drunken brawl and they had to explain how, half thru the movie, his character got his face smashed in)

But don't re-make Bullitt. I recently re-viewed the movie and man, does it hold up. Sure, you've got the bad fashion and some "cool sixties" atmosphere but this movie still works because, stunt driving aside, it really is a police procedural and some of the scenes have an almost documentary feel. Check out the scene where Steve and his partner go through some evidence in the evidence room .. dang, it just feels real. And besides the car chase, there's one of my favorite foot chases in there as well

The film works due to its low key approach. You wouldn't get that now. We'd have this CGI car chase where the Mustang (or would it be a Toyota or something) does flips in the air, smashes thru houses, goes underwater ... ok, you get my point. And everything would be so over the top .. gosh, don't touch this movie

And don't touch Steve. There was only one . Move on
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2020, 06:02 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Re: Bullitt Remake with Brad Pitt?

Ok I spent 13 years moving on Victor and Bullitt still holds up despite the flaws ...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/goofs

And Lalo Schifrins score still holds up as well ...

Cheers.
Old December 16th, 2022, 10:05 AM   #5
Trustee

Now there's a rumor Spielberg is interested in remaking Bullitt! I say just leave it alone. Bullitt is Bullitt because of Steve McQueen, not because it was a good movie. If any other actor starred in the orginal it probably would not have been enjoyable.

Now, I welcome a McQ remake any day of the week! Would LOVE to see that!
Old December 16th, 2022, 07:49 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Hugh. It’s not a rumour any longer, Spielberg has just signed Bradley Cooper to play Frank Bullitt, McQueens famous role …

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...ullitt-reboot/

Oh boy. The first movie left the ending open for a follow up, so someone was bound to do a reboot. We’ll all have to go and see it.
Stay tuned.

Cheers.
Old December 17th, 2022, 11:54 AM   #7
Trustee

Oh man! I must check out your link! Do you believe fifteen years has gone by since my original post on this topic! FIFTEEN YEARS! Where has the time gone, my friend?
Old December 17th, 2022, 04:46 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Yep Hugh where has the time gone. This Bullitt reboot will generate a lot of interesting news as more time goes by. I’m a fan of Lalo Schifrin’s music, he’s 90 now and retired from ‘the hard grind’ of composing movie music. But maybe this reboot will entice him to compose one more score, that’s the sort of publicity Spielberg would love.

It’s interesting that the first uTube link above is still available here, and here’s a good look how they filmed the first car chase …
https://www.tunnelram.net/news-blog/...ase-was-filmed

Cheers.
Old December 20th, 2022, 12:02 AM   #9
Equal Opportunity Offender

LOL. This years Christmas challenge is to find the oldest post on DVinfo and successfully revive it back to life.

:-)

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2022, 06:44 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Hi Andrew is there a prize for that? :)

As we’ve said, as time goes on there’ll be more to add to this thread making it the oldest thread on the internet. You think?

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Bullitt Remake with Brad Pitt?-6a4652b6-167a-4aab-98e1-94b2213a8fdc.jpeg  
Old December 25th, 2022, 08:41 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Here’s more holiday reading to keep the thread going …

Steve McQueen is 1.77 = 5’8” and Brad Cooper is 1.85 = 6’07” .. so Brad’s 11” taller than Steve.

Bullitt, is an adaptation of the 1963 novel ‘Mute Witness’ by Robert L. Fish, was directed by Peter Yates and also starred Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Vaughn and Robert Duvall.

This could be intresting reading .. Bullitt Points …

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Bullitt Remake with Brad Pitt?-82703474-1ce7-4165-bf5d-1c6aa7c78944.jpeg  

Last edited by Allan Black; December 26th, 2022 at 02:15 AM.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2022, 06:57 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Of course Spielberg could name his reboot, Bullitt Round Two, which would make Steve McQueens, Bullitt Round One.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark