Tim Dashwood, we miss you! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 19th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Tim Dashwood, we miss you!

I just realized, it's been a couple of months since we've heard from our illustrious leader here. Luckily we're a well behaved and cooperative bunch!

Tim- I hope it's all good, and you are swept up in an awesome project.
I just keep thinking of that basically completed but undelivered instructional DVD. I KNOW there will be a gem in there for me that keeps on paying back..

If you release it soon, I promise not to post answers to newbies like: WTFDVD (as in RTFM [Read The F*#%&ing Manual]).
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:18 AM   #2
Wrangler

Yes... I'm still alive and well. I've been literally working non-stop since the beginning of November and haven't hardly had a spare moment to sit down and respond to anything on DV Info Net. It's my own fault. I accepted more jobs than I should have in the fall and they have all overlapped and ballooned into gigantic "time-suckers."
On a good day I get to bed at 4AM and I might get to sleep in til 8:30AM. That doesn't leave much time for extra-curricular activities such as dvinfo.net. When I do take a day off I turn off my phone and spend it with my family.

Rest assured I do check in every-time I get a chance and speed-read new posts.
The good news is that all questions seem to be consistently answered correctly by our vast and knowledgeable members and moderators so I really haven't felt that I had anything significant to add.

So have all the great mysteries of ProHD been answered? Not really.
I still receive at least 3 or 4 emails a day from dvinfo members or guests from around the world who are seeking some form of tech support or general advice. If you are one of those people who used the email form via the forum or has emailed me at tim@dvinfo.net then hopefully you received a instant response encouraging you to ask your question in this public forum.
However, I've noticed a trend lately of more and more people emailing my personal email address. Unfortunately these people will not have received any automated response and only silence on my end.

I'd like to publicly apologize to anyone who has emailed me in the past few months looking for advice and has received no response. Every email with one of the keywords "dvinfo, HD100, HD200, HD250, ProHD, COPLA, CA13 or JVC" in the subject line is automatically put into a smart mailbox within my inbox and I will eventually respond. There are currently over 100 emails still in there that I haven't had a chance to personally respond to.

For those still curious about the DVD: it's been finished for quite a while but I've had to put the business of distributing it on the backburner while I deal with my professional responsibilities. I know I've said it before, but there will be more news on this front just around the corner. I promise.

I'm just starting the last episode of one of the series I've been editing and I really can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Signing out.... Tim
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Major Player

Great to hear from you Tim...

Hope you are being well compensated for your efforts!
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

go ahead Tim!!!

Go ahead, Tim, we will wait for you!!!!
Success!!!
Saul
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #5
Major Player

Good news to hear the DVD is complete...bring on those PAL versions Tim!

Cheers.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems