camera backpack at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old September 7th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

camera backpack

I have a new XF-305. I'm looking to get a Kata backpack that will hold the camera and a 15" laptop. I also need to carry it on a plane. Have any of you found a satisfactory camera bag or backpack?

Thanks, James
James Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

James,
I have been trying to find the same item. All I wanted was a bag on wheels which will take xf305 17inch Mac book pro and will fit on a plane not the hold. Seemingly I'm asking for the moon on a stick!
I spoke to TV cases.co.uk and they tried Petrol, Kata & Portabrace unfortunately they have nothing at the moment. IBC this weekend in Amsterdam hopefully this will be sorted out there.
I have bought a Pilots case for the time being which was only £45.
cheers
mark
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

kata options

Mark,

Here is what a Kata representative wrote:

Regarding to your question- according to your type of camera, I will recommend the HB-207 Backpack which you can check out at this link: Kata HB-207 . Backpacks Rolling bags (Kata Bags)

In addition, I will also recommend you to look at the VB-510 which is bigger than the HB-207 and allow you to also carry a mattbox in it and will provide more room for many accessories.

Please check out the VB-510 at the following link : Kata VB-510. Backpacks Rolling bags (Kata Bags)

I hope this has helped, and please don’t hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance or advice.

Sincerely,
Eti
Mrs. Eti Shefer
Logistics & Customer Service
Direct Line: +972 (2) 59 11 013
cskata-bags.com@kata-bags.com

Mark, by my own error I got the VB-510. It turns out it is too big to carry on the plane. Plus the camera mic is about 1" too high to close the backpack and be totally protected. Hopefully you will find something else out at the show. There should be enough demand for a good backpack that will carry a the XF305 and a laptop.

All the best, James
James Redmond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders