View Full Version : Helping Hands from 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Michael Redding
June 12th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some fun loving cast and crew members to shot a
amateur short film this summer/fall. The script is complete and i'll be starting storyboarding next weekend. I could really use a sound person, actors(I have only 1 of the 9 roles filled at this time),I plan on doing the lighting but can always use help. My goal is to learn as much as about filmmaking as possible and have fun while doing it.

Thank You
Michael

P.S. Contact me at: Dfcasting@aol.com

Pete Mander
June 13th, 2005, 01:40 AM
I need someone to put together a screen play for a short film project, estimated about 45 min.

this is a sci-fi film and most of the fight scenes are put together already..I just need something put on paper to begin storybording this thing.. while 18 hour days are put into pre-production here.

will pay for your time.. contact me at Pmander@cogeco.ca. I will call and go over the rest of the details.

so much to do so little time.

thanks

pete

Brent Ray
June 13th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Where are you shooting?

Jun Tang
June 13th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I apologize, we will be shooting in Los Angeles and the surrounding area.

Currently looking for any sound person with their own equipment.

e-mail me for more info if in the area and interested.

jun
jun@koolwebb.com

David L. Fisher
June 15th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Josh, it really just depends on what you are willing to pay. I'm over here in Thailand and I can set the whole thing up for you, but here at least, it is a $$$ issue.

Rgds,
David

Josh Bass
June 15th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Email me and I can tell you.

Mike R Long
June 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, and I am wondering if there are any DoP's in the area. My Company, Prince Mike Pictures is in the process of doing a Comedy Television Series and we want to see who we can get to fill this spot in the crew. Please let me know or email me at mikelong@princemikepictures.com

Thanks,

James Landsburger
June 16th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

I'm setting up a one day production 2 weeks from now. I have a cameraman (he's using a Sony beta sp cam), but I'm interested in getting a dolly and operator.

Please send me your info if your interested (day rate, equipment, questions, etc...)

You can reply direct to landsdraft@yahoo.com if you like.

Thanks a bunch,

JL

Rob Lohman
June 17th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Moved to the Helping Hands forum

Scott Dan
June 17th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Looking for an assistant. I have an XL1s that would need an operator for weddings, Bat/Bar Mitzvahs, ect. If interested, please email me.

1avc@comcast.net
State in subject line Videographer for Fort Wayne

Mike Cavanaugh
June 18th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Help! I need a good interview videographer in the LA area to do a short, 1 subject interview. Total tape time will probably be under 30 min. With setup and take down, you can be in and out in an hour or so.

You will need:
3 chip cam (other interviews for same project used GL-2, XL-1s and a PD150)
Decent wired or wireless lav mic
Basic lighting kit

And skill to use all of the above, while putting subject at ease.

Small budget project, but can pay approx $100 for a good job.

Colby Knight
June 18th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I have a DVD duplicator and this sucker ROCKS. I can burn about 60-70 in an hour. If you need a LOT of DVD's burned and have little time to do it in or just have too many to copy and it makes your head swim... let me know!

You supply the DVD's and shipping charges... I'll charge next to nothing. Well, maybe 50 bucks next to nothing. LOL

Saturnin Kondratiew
June 18th, 2005, 09:27 PM
hi, i'm helping a friend do some test shoots on WED june 22nd and i'm looking to borrow a steadycam jr or glide cam etc... for my panasonic dvx100a....i know this is kinda lame to ask for help..but if there is anyone out there who can help out for wed night it would be great....i'll buy the beer..
thanx
u can reach me at
Saturnin9@hotmail.com or
http://www.anvilpictures.com
thanx

George Ellis
June 20th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Josh, try cgtalk.com. They have a forum and you can find an experienced animator there in all likelihood.

Mike Sakovski
June 20th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Eqpmt:
pana dvc30, AT897, XLR adpt, light, manfrotto tripod w/ 501 head, monopods.
I do post in Vedas5 not sure how important this is thou.
If interested mail me to:
tomapete34@aol.com

Thank you

Mike

Oscar Vidales
June 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
I started an Indie filmakers group on MySpace.com to meet other people who can help with projects which include Actors, Directors, Screenwriters etc. Please join if you are in the L.A. Area and would love to meet and help other people out. The link is below:

http://groups.myspace.com/FilmNetworking

Tom Blair
June 22nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
I have a new lowell kit with 3 heads gels scrims etc. AND a new XL-2 and mics.I have 20 years experience shooting and lighting but very little in your segment of the market which I know is blowing up.Give me a call if you're interested in possibly working together-Tom 516 458 4035

Bob Costa
June 22nd, 2005, 11:43 PM
I have 20 years experience shooting and lighting but very little in your segment of the market which I know is blowing up.

Blowing up as in the market is disintegrating, or the images are getting bigger?

Matt Browning
June 23rd, 2005, 03:11 PM
I would to apologize if this sort of thing is frowned upon, I have been a bit undecided on whether or not to offer my services to you guys, but I thought that I might be able to help you guys out if you're looking for promotional items.

By day I'm a sales rep for First Gear, a screenprinting and embroidery company in Kentucky. We're running some summer special for promotional white t-shirts with a two color front, 1 color back, free custom artwork and screen fees w/ a First Gear Logo (about 2" wide) for bottom line price of $3.99 per shirt. Shipping would be estimated for this type of order at right around $25 for the order. I know that at bridal shows and other events promotional items can play a major role in drawing people to your booth, and really getting their attention. Also, if you are interested in more or less, please feel free to drop me a line, as this isn't a firm number special.

Also, if you're looking for some professional looking twill button shirts or polos with embroidery work, we can also supply you with some nice casual wear with no minimum order requirement. We offer a full catalog, partially browsable on the web, and custom artwork for the sew. Digitizing fees would apply to graphics.

I'm not trying to push any of this on you guys, I just see how awesome this community is, and extending my services to you guys if you are intersted. You won't see me spamming this across other threads or bumping this, just as a curteousy.

Thanks for the time.

Brent Marks
June 24th, 2005, 01:09 AM
I could be available in Houston....

Shooting on HDR-FX1

www.resmedia.com

Thanks

Chris Hurd
June 24th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks for your offer, Matt. Some of our moderators suggested moving your post to our "Helping Hands" board so I've done that.

Matt Browning
June 24th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks Chris, I was unsure of where to post!

Alex Monita
June 26th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a little low on cash so Im offering some cheap webdesign for your production. If you'd like to give your Wedding/Event videography company a professional look, or you need a page to promote a short film, I can customize an eye catching and dynamic webpage for you.

Here's what I'm offering.....
for around 100, Ill make you somthing like this>> SubCulture website (http://www.tonsoffunent.com/sc2)
for around 180, somthing like this...
My website>> www.anigmafilms.com

I work with all video formats and can encode streaming video in Real Video format, Windows Media, Quicktime (Progressive or Streaming), or the new Flash Video format (witch I personaly like).

note
Im only offering the site design, its up to you to get the domain name (www.yoursite.com) and web server to host your website on.

The price will depend on the safistication of the site and what you would like it to do, but I don't charge any more than 180 for design though!

Im only booking a handfull of sites for the summertime and hopfully we can help each other out! If you have any questions or would like a site, please e-mail me at sphandro@msn.com

thanks for looking!
-alex

Allan McCall
June 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Hi -

While inching along on my own feature length DV project, I'd like to find other things along a similar philosophical/political line to work on. Are there any other filmmakers in Middle TN who could use some help with projects that are oriented to social justice, environmental, or peace issues? I can shoot, edit, direct, or serve as a member of your crew. Looking to make the world a better place while practicing my craft.

You can learn a little about me and my current project, Led To Believe, at:

www.hometown.aol.com/outofthefog2004

Thanks,
Allan

Mike Moncrief
June 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Hello,

Looking for Z1/FX1 shooter in Orlando/Central Florida area.
Have shoot coming up and need 2nd camera..Please email me if any interest..
Email vidiot57@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Mike Moncrief

Eddie Vaughn
June 28th, 2005, 07:18 AM
I have a gig to tape a jazz performance of a local university school of music, and would really love to have the ability to edit down from a two camera set-up.

I have a single xl-1s, and have heard the second camera needs to be on par with the first camera, or the quality change will be noticeable when you cut between the two. I can't really purchase another xl, or even a gl. Would prefer a gl, so my daughter can operate it handily.

Any advice on a reputable business where I could rent a gl-1 or gl-2 convenient to North Carolina, by this Friday?

As an alternative, what about purchasing a low-end DV camera, would that really work ok? would it work somewhat ok?

All help appreciated.

Eddie

Bob Costa
June 28th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I know that EVS rents cameras. Try www.EVSonline.com, but call them for fastest response. I deal with Rush there.

Considering time pressure and importance, I would not try to fool with matching to a 1 chipper at this point, although it can probably be done.

Bruce Linden
June 28th, 2005, 08:52 AM
You might also try Technical Video Systems, 527 E. Chatham St, Cary NC. 800-245-0916. www.techvid.tv. Gary Ballard is the Sales Manager and a good guy.

Daniel Sadowski
June 30th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Hi,

I am a composer that has done work for film,
television, and video games.

I am represented by Bob Rice of Four Bars
Intertainment which is famous for representing
the A list of award winning composers.

My music company is also associated with
Hummie Mann, who worked on films such as
City Slickers, Robin hood Men In Tights,
and Sister Act.

If anybody on this site is looking for professional
music composition, please contact me.

Please visit my website at:
www.DanielSadowski.net for samples and info.

I am currently composing for video games
and a feature film with cast and crew
from ER, Charmed, Donnie Brasco,
A Thin Red Line, The Forgotten, and more.

Sincerely,

Daniel Sadowski
Soundrama Productions
daniel@soundrama.com
studio: 253-984-0819
cell : 253-678-9323

Representation
Bob Rice
FBI four bars intertainment

Eddie Vaughn
July 1st, 2005, 09:29 AM
Good info, thanks!

Quinn OConnell
July 1st, 2005, 09:53 AM
Hey Alex..

Checked out your sites.. like the main $180 site.

Whats the deal - i live in London, where are you based?.. US/UK?

Check out my site..(built from tutorials in Dreamweaver - thus v basic))

www.rollingcloudz.com

looking to stream video and create a stylin slide show for my photographs.
Can you help - what do you need.

Quinn

Quinn OConnell
July 1st, 2005, 10:01 AM
Nick..
Saw your ad ( albietly late on the DV Info site)

How did it go?.. Have you finished.. ? If not get in touch and I'll be keen to help out, have an XM2 and a lot of gear.
Also I am shooting a low/no budget short on the journey of a £5 note round london.. Scripted and cast.. 1st scene shot but needing crew.
Are you keen to know more and maybe help out.?

Let me know if yes.

Quinn

www.rollingcloudz.com
07888836702 m:: london

Jeff Wilson
July 1st, 2005, 11:32 AM
I’m looking for a shooter with equipment in Evesham England area. Prior news photography experience would be a plus.

Our company conducts news media training, where after a brief lecture students are taken through three separate, media crisis scenarios and mock media interviews. This class will consist of six students, each of which will be interviewed at least three times. After each round of interviews there is a critique session where the interviews are played back.

Right now, I’m expecting it to run from 8am to 4pm. The date has yet to be set.

For more information on our company please visit: http://www.wilson-group.com

Alex Monita
July 3rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks for contacting me Quinn, I sent you an e-mail and hopefully answered your questions.

Here is another site im currently working on, slightly diff style to it,>>
IN2DEEP ENT (http://www.tonsoffunent.com/i2d/)

Thank you for your e-mails.

-alex

David Malouin
July 7th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Looking for Shooters and Boom Operators for a 2 day shoot over Labor Day weekend in central Illinois (2 hours south of Chicago and an hour north of Peoria). Ideally looking for someone with equipment (preferably XL1S cameras). The film is an independent documentary about bocce ball in the US.
Call/email David at 301-370-4863/twinofkim@gmail.com if you are interested.

Allan McCall
July 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Is this a paying job, and if so, what's the rate? I shoot with a Sony PD-150, but can also boom, if you have shooters already lined up. I'd be driving up from Nashville, TN, which is why the compensation is an important factor for me.

Thanks,
Allan

Looking for Shooters and Boom Operators for a 2 day shoot over Labor Day weekend in Toluca Illinois (2 hours south of Chicago and an hour north of Peoria). Ideally looking for someone with equipment (preferably XL1S cameras). The film is an independent documentary about the largest bocce ball tournament in the US.
Call/email David at 301-370-4863/twinofkim@gmail.com or Stephanie at 847-477-1490/spfoerster@gmail.com if you are interested.

David Malouin
July 7th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Allen,

Please send me your information off-list

Thanks,

David

Michael Lee Johnson
July 8th, 2005, 12:47 PM
If anyone needs a cheap orchestral composer to score some music for them, perhaps I can help out. Since I'm a bit new, I'll trust you and take whatever pay you believe I deserve for the work once it's finished. I only have a couple of short, in some cases unfinished samples online, unfortunately.

Epic theme:
http://doubleedgemd.com/Music/OrchestralDrumTest.mp3

Creepy ambience:
http://doubleedgemd.com/Music/AmbientTest.mp3

Beginning of a happy/love theme:
http://doubleedgemd.com/Music/HappySample.mp3

My e-mail is johnsonml@vmi.edu

Mathieu Ghekiere
July 10th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi Michael

Just wanted to say that you have nice clips. I didn't like the happy/love theme so much, but that's maybe because I don't like very happy music so much ;-)

Good luck,

Christopher Bishop
July 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Hello -

Christopher Bishop here. my current untitled drama needs a production designer. We're looking for someone who has a good eye for color, style, tone, theme and always knows where the hassock should go.

This is a paid job and it's a great experience.

If you're interested, please feel free to email me at

bishop8322002@yahoo.com

Thanks;

-C-

Dejah Fortue
July 11th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I will be getting my own camera/editing setup and am looking for people to build with. I also do audio engineering and have alot of exciting thing going on such as writing my first movie and music related things. I have alot to bring to the table

Gary McClurg
July 11th, 2005, 08:20 AM
From a film festival started here in Springfield, MO.

We've formed a group called the CINEmerge Entertainment Group.

Its to help with the festival and independent film or video producers.

We're going to have some industry people come and lecture in the near future.

We do have two events for July and August.

Then in September where going to have a director from Hollywood giving a workshop on directing.

Just have to work out a few details before we say who the director is.

You can check out the site at

www.cinemergegroup.com

Matt Gettemeier
July 11th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't mind hooking up with some of you guys here in STL... maybe we should all try to work out a day to say hello in person.

I've done a few things with people in STL and it's a mixed bag... there are 4 categories of film-maker in this town;

a) People with the possibility and ability to make something that really will go somewhere... and they PAY for help.

2) People with some decent ideas, but no cash (and often little to no gear) and a willingness to reciprocate free help with free help...

3) People with some decent ideas WITH equipment who solicit for free help but will most likely never reciprocate... you're only in it for an obscure credit and the experience.

c) People with serious ego (may or may not have any gear) that think any idea they have is great even if it's pointless with no story... and they want free help with no intentions of reciprocating OR giving you any credit or anything else after the project is done! (A normal production from this group is like "Gay Cowboys Eating Pudding"... from South Park)*

So it's definitely a mixed bag here... I've met some people that I expect to be life-long friends and some that I never heard from again after a few 12 hour days of free equipment rentals... (lights, cam, sound)... IMO, it's fair to expect a personal "thanks" as well as a copy of the edited project after donating a lot of time and over $1K in rentals... not just the "hey thanks everybody" as you're packing up on the last day of shooting... gimme' a break.

Basically I think it's fair to expect time for time... once your film is in the can you better still show up for my production... fair enough?

*A couple years ago I had a guy explain to me how he was "above buying ANY gear because gear is pointless when all that matters is the script"... Hmm... maybe I should have bought a new car instead of all this crap... I didn't call that guy back.

Hey it's as simple as this: If we all have fun (or feel satisfied by quality) by creating your idea... AND you will help me on MY ideas... it's all good.

Respect
Thanks
Reciprocation

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam
July 11th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Hey Matt,

I'm in for a discussion and something productive. I have couple of projects.
I would like to help also would like to get help.

When we can meet? Lets put a schedule together.

thank you,
Hari

Matt Gettemeier
July 11th, 2005, 10:43 AM
first initial last name at charter dot net...

I'll be out of town from Thu night until next Wed... Friday nights are out... other then that I'm open.

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam
July 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I will be out from Friday to Wed too. I'm going to dvexpo new york and lighting seminar from Walter graff.

I'm fine on a weekday to meet. How about thursday evening does it sound good?

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam
July 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I meant next week thursday.

Matt Gettemeier
July 11th, 2005, 01:57 PM
That should work for me... any other Saint Louis guys want to meet up with us?

Colin Rayner
July 12th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Available from August-November. Based Southern Spain, English first language, fluent in Spanish. Own equipment.

Spike Spiegel
July 12th, 2005, 01:55 AM
alex, i sent you an email thru dvinfo, did you happen to get it?