View Full Version : Who is attending RE:frame?

Oleg Kalyan
August 20th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Who is attending RE:Frame?

How many of DVinfo forum members are planning to attend?
What motivates you to visit this seminar?

Louis Maddalena
August 20th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I would like to know what is is, and where. Does it have a website?

Oleg Kalyan
August 20th, 2008, 02:02 AM
ReFrame (http://www.reframecollective.com/)

Danny O'Neill
August 20th, 2008, 03:59 AM
It looks like the wife and I may be. Just sorting out some logisitcs but a deposit for 2 maybe coming their way :)

Shaun Conner
August 20th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I found out about it too late to make the New Orleans one which is basically in my backyard, but I will make Austin.

Chris P. Jones
August 20th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Who is attending RE:Frame?

me! but I'm presenting :->.

probably can't say too much more about it because that might be considered advertising.

jones

Scott Shama
August 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
My wife and I are going to the New Orleans edition. We are hoping to learn more about how to generate the number of clients that some of the Reframers have been able to now that we believe our work is comparable. Picking up some new shooting and editing ideas is always helpful too. To be honest the main reasons we chose it over WEVA this year was the fact that I really like almost all of the presenters work, there's only 50 people, and it's in a decent location compared to WEVA and 4ever... Not sure why they chose Texas for the next one though...

Scott

Travis Cossel
August 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I'm "motivated" to go, but not quite "bankrolled" to go, lol. Looks like a great event, though.

Patrick Moreau
August 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking of checkin' out the Austin event. I hear they have some cool cats speaking there :)

Franklin Bencosme
August 20th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I coming from Dominican Republic...

Matthew Craggs
August 21st, 2008, 06:20 AM
I'm thinking of checkin' out the Austin event. I hear they have some cool cats speaking there :)

Don't want to be a hijacker, but re: workshops, some of us are still waiting for the "big news" alluded to on the one and only Still Motion blog. Any news about when we can expect some details on that?

Chris Hurd
August 21st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Not sure why they chose Texas for the next one though...Come on down to Austin sometime, and we'll show you.

Danny O'Neill
August 21st, 2008, 10:18 AM
Whos running Re:frame as the wife has submitted a query as we want to pay a deposit for 2 of us but were married so will be sharing a room and the booking page only seems to let you pay a deposit for 1. Just want to ensure we get to book and dont miss out.

Scott Shama
August 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM
Come on down to Austin sometime, and we'll show you.

I've actually spent some time in Texas... hence my comment... ;) Don't take it personally, there's are many parts of the country I have no interest going back to...

Scott Shama
August 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Whos running Re:frame as the wife has submitted a query as we want to pay a deposit for 2 of us but were married so will be sharing a room and the booking page only seems to let you pay a deposit for 1. Just want to ensure we get to book and dont miss out.

There's no discount for sharing a room.... unfortunately. I had the same issue when my wife and I booked... It kinda sounds like there's a profit margin thing going on there... ;)

Chris P. Jones
August 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM
Not sure why they chose Texas for the next one though..

Ha! Coming from Oregon, I can see why you feel that way. I just spent a week in the SF Bay Area, and WOW, I love the weather and the scenery.

For those that haven't been to Austin, it is an AMAZING town. If you were kidnapped and woke up there, you would have no idea where you were. It's hilly and funky, a cultural mecca: the Live Music Capital of the World (http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/music/), home of the South by Southwest Music and Film Festival (http://www.sxsw.com), and the #1 place to live, work and make movies according to Moviemaker Magazine. (http://www.moviemaker.com/locations/article/top_10_movie_cities_2008_best_places_to_make_movies_20080128)

The weather in April is fantastic and the tex-mex is to die for!

Movies, music, sites, and food - it's a great place to have a conference!

jones

Brooke Rudnick
August 21st, 2008, 07:02 PM
2 OPEN SPOTS TO REFRAME:08 New Orleans! SOLD OUT!

Hey Guys,
I have 2 spots for the SOLD OUT REFRAME 08 New Orleans! October 6-8!

More INFO:

ReFrame (http://www.reframe08.com)
$1299.00 1st associate
$699.00 2nd associate (same studio)

These 2 spots would be SHARING A ROOM!

Unfortunately I have a last minute corporate shoot and we can't go! (AGAHAGHAGAHAG) Some amazing speakers... Including JASON MAGBAUNA!

Let me know ASAP if interested!
brooke@thevideoartist.com

Matthew Ebenezer
August 22nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
My wife and I are coming from Australia to attend Re:frame '09 in Austin. We're super pumped for it and can't wait.

It's also a good excuse for us to visit some friends in the US and then we'll head over to London for a few weeks as well.

Can't wait!

Scott Shama
August 22nd, 2008, 03:42 AM
Ha! Coming from Oregon, I can see why you feel that way. I just spent a week in the SF Bay Area, and WOW, I love the weather and the scenery.

jones

I actually grew up in the bay area and moved to Oregon about 10 years ago... Nicest place I've ever lived, with the nicest people. Coming from Cali I had to learn to drive less like a maniac.. Anyone who's driven 101 or 280 on the peninsula of SF knows what I'm talking about... 280 is the closest thing to the autoban I've seen on the west coast... no cops no speed limit... lots of carnage unfortunately.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to your seminar... :)

Danny O'Neill
August 22nd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Deposits paid, were definitatly going to Texas :) Good to see you going Matt, will definitatly want to meet yourself as Im loving your work.

Bruce Patterson
August 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Deposits paid, were definitatly going to Texas :) Good to see you going Matt, will definitatly want to meet yourself as Im loving your work.

I'm looking forward to meeting as many people as possible, first in New Orleans and then in Austin! You can't go wrong with the look and feel of the French quarter, and I personally think Austin will give everyone a different kind of inspiration than New Orleans and will provide for some amazing hands-on opportunities!

The countdown is officially on - Less than 2 months to go - I can't wait!

Oleg Kalyan
August 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Just got confirmation on shooting a wedding in Budapest, Hungary, October 3,4 : )
Unfortunately will not be able to make it back to Moscow and to the US to attend
a great event.

Julian St Pierre, was very kind to let me know about possible spot in New Orleans.
Would love to meet as many colleagues as possible, I hope one day next year.

Will stay in touch via the forum.

John Moon
August 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Wife and I will be going to both New Orleans and Austin. About October I'm going to need some new inspiration. Looking forward to it.

Chad Dyle
August 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
My wife and I will be attending the New Orleans event. Its about 3 miles from my house ;)

Chris P. Jones
August 26th, 2008, 09:58 PM
My wife and I will be attending the New Orleans event. Its about 3 miles from my house ;)

i look forward to hanging out with you chad.

jones

Matthew Ebenezer
August 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Lucky you :) I think it's a few thousand miles from my house ;)

Chad Dyle
August 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Chris,

I think its going to be a blast. I say this as I'm packing up all of my equipment and getting ready to evacuate in the morning. I had a wedding coordinator call me yesterday to tell me that her videographer bailed on her. I think he called her from the road to tell her he was evacuating. So, I stepped up and shot the wedding. Hopefully it will miss this city. We need to dodge a few more bullets and get things back together. My home had 6 feet of water in it and its a good 3 feet higher than the street. Please keep your fingers crossed for us down here. If we do flood, maybe Re:Frame can put a "little Venice" twist on things ;)

-Chad

John Moon
August 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Chris,

I think its going to be a blast. I say this as I'm packing up all of my equipment and getting ready to evacuate in the morning. I had a wedding coordinator call me yesterday to tell me that her videographer bailed on her. I think he called her from the road to tell her he was evacuating. So, I stepped up and shot the wedding. Hopefully it will miss this city. We need to dodge a few more bullets and get things back together. My home had 6 feet of water in it and its a good 3 feet higher than the street. Please keep your fingers crossed for us down here. If we do flood, maybe Re:Frame can put a "little Venice" twist on things ;)

-Chad

Hope it misses you Chad....actually hope the thing at least dies down a bit. That really has to just suck.

Troy Davis
August 31st, 2008, 04:44 PM
Let's pray that NO makes it through the recent bad weather.

td

Shaun Conner
August 31st, 2008, 06:02 PM
I just wish it would miss Louisiana completely, but then that would mean it would hit another state. Just a bad situation.

Chris P. Jones
September 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
My home had 6 feet of water in it and its a good 3 feet higher than the street. Please keep your fingers crossed for us down here.

Man that had to suck badly. Do you live in the same spot?

It looks like we dodged a bullet. I hope you get back home safely, and we'll see you next month!

jones

Chad Dyle
September 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
We seem to have dodged a bullet. We evacuated to Mississippi and rode out the storm. We lost power for 8 hours, but we are back up and running. We don't have internet (I'm sitting outside of a restaurant with free wifi), but everything else is good. I was told that my home looks to be in good shape. I have all of my equipment with me, so no losses there. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

-Chad

Danny O'Neill
September 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Weve had a few hits on our website from people searching for re:frame.

Goto Google and search for 're:frame 09'

Thats right, cant get anywhere near the top for our desired search terms but type that in and... <roll eyes>