I need a site with fantastic music I can use at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 31st, 2005, 11:57 PM   #1
Major Player

I need a site with fantastic music I can use

I need a site with fantastic music I can use

I am producing a new weekly tv show and need a site that has a ton of good royalty free music for use.

Please let it be modern type stuff!

THANKS!
Brent Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Weekly broadcast show and you want free music? Are you doing your work for the show for free? :-)

Good luck finding anything good for free. My advice would be get Soundtrack or Acid and start learning one of them. It's a different musical world out there now that these low-cost looping programs are out there. We have a library with 1000's of CD's of music...they just sit there. We can loop faster than find...

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Freeplaymusic.com Has some good stuff. Read their licensing agreement. If I recall correctly, it will be free to use in broadcast. (Free to YOU, the station must pay ascap/bmi So you must provide a cue sheet.)
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:41 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Yeah,

I checked their site and this is under the licensing agreement. --

Terms Of Use

If you are using Freeplay Music for:

1. *Programming content to be included in an ASCAP or BMI licensed US TV Broadcasts, as well as later rebroadcasts of same ex-US (excludes local-only TV, community access TV, Radio and Advertising Commercials)
2. Feature-Length Films released by a major studio
3. Private Non-Commercial Use (Non-revenue generating or associated)
4. Educational, Non-Commercial use (limited to school grounds and classroom - non broadcast)

Then Freeplay's musical compositions and recordings may be used (broadcast, synchronized and/or copied) without fee. These reproduction rights, known as master synchronization rights, are absolutely FREE and are granted in perpetuity, provided Freeplay is accorded appropriate screen credit as follows, on a most favored nations basis with all other music providers: "Music Provided By www.freeplaymusic.com". In addition, provided the use first occurs in the US, videocassette synchronization fees are also FREE.

*Complete show music cue sheets must be filed according to the terms and conditions of ASCAP/BMI/SESAC's license agreement for any Freeplay Music used in broadcast programming content under Freeplay's Free Terms Of Use. Simultaneously, copies of all music cue sheets containing any freeplay music must be sent to Freeplay either via e mail (Scott@freeplaymusic.com) or by fax 212 664 7737 in order for Freeplay's free synchronization to continue in effect.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:20 AM   #5
Trustee

Check out my Audio page for a rather large listing of Royalty Free shops.

http://www.stevengotz.com/audio.htm
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

ibaudio.com for the best royalty free music guys

I found this site today and I have been excited to tell you guys. I think its the best so far, very professional and only $99US for all the downloads you want. I totally dig the chillout stuff. Finally, royalty free stuff you dont have to feel embarressed about.Give it a go, catch u later
Rob Brookes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio