Slow Motion? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 4th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #1
New Boot

Slow Motion?

I am interested in taking sports sequences and replaying them in slow motion. Is there any built in capability in the HD1 to do this? If I shoot at 60FPS is there a way to play back the video at 30FPS to simulate slow motion?

Thanks,

Kenny Frank
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

oops double post
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You could convert the MP4 container to avi then use virtualdub with direct stream copy set & simply change the frame rate to 30fps. or change the frame rate in your editor. I use Vegas & with this you can play with the velocity bar on the time line to gradually adjust the video speed. As you have 60fps to start with you will have much smoother looking slow motion.
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #4
New Boot

There is a function for slow motion playback through the camera. You press play twice and the frame rate slows considerably. It stutters, but I recorded some golf swings and it works for my purpose OK.
Old April 12th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #5
New Boot

Actually the golf swing is one of the things I'm interested in doing. Did you use the 60fps setting to shoot them?

Kenny Frank
Old April 12th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #6
New Boot

Yes, I filmed it in HD at the highest setting. Unfortunately, it was a very overcast day, and this was one of the first clips since I received the camera. I haven't loaded any editing software yet, so the only slow motion playback I have done is on the camera.
Clips
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NMJAN1RH Golf Swing/overcast
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9L6QIJGP Chopping wood/mixed light
Old April 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #7
New Boot

Correction! The playback mode is actually fast forward , rather than slow motion. I guess I should have hooked it up to a tv sooner. Sorry for the confusion.
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #8
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Morin
Yes, I filmed it in HD at the highest setting.
This means "No I didn't" as you can't shoot 60fps in HD mode.
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Major Player

I tried this in both HD and 60fps mode. Start to play the clip and hit pause. You can then single step forward by pressing the joystick to the right. If you hold, it will shortly go into a slo-mo mode. You can do the same thing in reverse, and it seems to be even slower.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)