Copy Protection for homemade Dvd's - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:44 AM   #16
Trustee

DVD Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strickland
Yeah I know what easter eggs are hence my asking the question how I can add them to my own dvd's.Anything past renaming a button in a template is beyond my knowledge of dvd authoring.

I believe that DVD Architect has the ability to control every button at each menue. You can dictate that pressing the "Angle" button at this screen actually links to a new menu. That is one way of creating an easter egg on a DVD. Another way would be to place a menu or button either too far off the visible edge or too small. Another way is to create a completely invisible button that provides a link to another menu. Simply create a text button that contains a single "space" character. Eliminate any highlighting or underlining. That allows the cursor to "disappear" when used from the correct source button. So now a "left" command from a specific item on the screen takes you to a hidden button. From the user's point of view the selection icon just disappeared so they probably won't think to hit the "enter" button. They fiddle with the "left, right, up, down" buttons on the remote until the cursor highlights another option and they think "huh... that was odd, it disappeared for a bit." They go on their way and think nothing of it. And there is yoru Easter Egg.

Hopefully that helps for other DVD authroing applications besides DVDA.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #17
Major Player

If Walt Disney can't copy protect their content, I think we are out of luck.

I do sporting events, plays, 1st communions, graduations, etc. I will not work an event without a minimum order. That way, I am covered. If any other people buy it's a bonus. If they all copy them, it's no loss.

Jon
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon East
If Walt Disney can't copy protect their content, I think we are out of luck.

True. What's to stop one of these customers from bypassing the scratch method by copying all the VOB files (aside the last one) and re-authoring or stream copying a new master anyway? Seems like a lot of trouble to protect someone's wedding footage from themselves, lol....
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Yes, well actually _that_ sounds like quite a lot of trouble to avoid paying a few quid for a copy.....Lol
Mike Wade is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring