Nikon Z8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old December 20th, 2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Nikon Z8

I'm considering trading in my Nikon D750 and 24-120 lens into the Nikon Z8 upgrade program. Doing so, would make the Z8 basically $2900 which is a more reasonable price for me vs $4000.

Still keeping my 2 Z6's as they continue to be workhorses for wedding and event video/photo work some 4 years into their life span. I love the lightweight aspect and just picked up the 26 2.8mm lens today to try out for fun as a super light kit.

One of the most fun things I ever did was take my Nikon 1 J5 and 10mm (28mm equivalent) as a Disney World walk about setup and that thing was so compact it was awesome. This new Z6 26mm combo would be similar and a lot better quality photos and videos.

My gf got the Z8 a few months ago and I've been playing around with it. It is noticeably bigger and heavier than the Z6's, but I figure it will probably be the last body I ever buy at this point as I'm actually starting to phase out of a lot of work after doing wedding and event stuff since 1999. I really just want the 47MP for landscape and wildlife stuff. I find that the 24MP has limited crop in ability.

Anyways, the Z8 seems like a fantastic camera and we'll see how it works out.
Old December 21st, 2023, 08:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Nikon Z8

My Z8 has replaced my JVC LS300 for video. I shoot UHD 60 fps and record internally. It is also my main stills body. Bought it with the 24-120 f4 Z lens, which is noticeably improved over my f mount version. Z8 autofocus is amazing. I still have my Nikon 1 cameras and lenses and they are my travel kit.
Luke Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2024, 05:21 AM   #3
Major Player

It's been a while but I did take advantage of the Dec deal on Dec 30 2023. Made the Z8 $2900 with my D750 trade in.

So far I'm loving it and the significantly improved AF over my Z6.

I'm still keeping the Z6's though because they're quite a bit smaller and lighter and easier to travel with.

My current list of gear is at www.kyleroot.com/gear
Old May 3rd, 2024, 02:21 AM   #4
Equal Opportunity Offender

Hi Kyle,

Do you have some demo footage anywhere of something you have filmed with it?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2024, 07:53 AM   #5
Major Player

I actually haven't filmed with it yet, but I've done a lot of photos.

I have a few weddings videos coming up soon where I'll be using it though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video

« Nikon Z6 | New Posts | - »